Please create desktop all mac/pc

Requested from many people but currently from gigi8703

I would like to do this and the technology we are using for our apps works for desktops too but it takes a lot of time to test so we must be profitable before this happens.

I guess in the long run, I would appreciate. Right now I’m displaying my phone screen on a laptop simply because I want a bigger screen. Not top priority right now, but if I can do with one device less, why not. Voted.

1 Like

It’s nice to have, but without the addition of running something alongside - or better yet: from within it - like a video, you’ll just be looking at bigger bars.

Like TR. Oops… :rofl:

Bigger bars is not the purpose. It’s bigger numbers and bigger buttons to compensate for my aging eyes and trembling hands. :roll_eyes:

And bigger numbers, yes :sunglasses:

The bigger buttons won’t help you much, unless you have a touchscreen, which means no Mac then.

Or, maybe you can operate a mouse better with trembling hands, or type the keyboard shortcut that will likely be available.

If on a MacBook or even a Windows laptop (with touch screen) you’d better not be sweating too much :sweat_smile:

I want voice control. “Make it easier” :slight_smile:

Windows laptop with touchscreen on a self made stand (sort of a book stand). Works wonders for me. I’ve been using it for a while without problems. Touchscreen is about 10cm away from my right hand and displays the screen of my Android Phone.

Yeah, voice control would be really awesome. Probably not likely though with all the noise from a wheel-on trainer and a couple of fans…

Ha! This is why I have Neo 2T and invested (heavily) in near equally silent fans that will blow you off your bike anyway :rofl:

On second thought, voice control to skip an interval that you can’t finish will be a huge task :tired_face:

Why? it could just look for a specific scream that was really loud :slight_smile:

To be honest, the more TR like features the better… TR is really great…apart from the insane price.

I like TR. Somethings I don’t like about it but generally they do a great job, especially user experience of the software is very high. I want to be inspired by TR but not duplicating TR.

1 Like

For me, there are two main reasons why I would favor a desktop app, and they could possibly be addressed from within the mobile version:

1. Keyboard shortcuts (it’s difficult to operate a touchscreen with sweaty hands): Is it possible to establish these within the iOS app (via a bluetooth keyboard)?
  2. More viewable data: I’d like to be able to view lap data (current lap power, HR, and cadence) and workout totals (ave power, HR, and KJs). Within the mobile app, this could be shown on secondary page(s) for the upper portion of the app that the user could swipe (or page up/down) through.
2 Likes

Same for me, i would love to see a desktop version. If it would be a “copy” of the android it would be fine already.

pros:

• data is better visible, since i dont have a phone-mount on my handlebars or something
  • easier to read since my glasses fall of because of all the sweat and the head position
2 Likes

This, plus I’d like to be able to connect using ANT+, which I find much more stable than my bluetooth. Would sign up for the beta and be happy to do some UAT

Intresting project. Fully web based training app…

1 Like

Interesting. Actually when we first started our app we started with this approach as well. We found too many problems so we gave up but this web BLE seems to be improving (we use this for testing some device problems) even though this technology is still in beta from google and progressing slowly but thanks for sending this we will test it out and maybe it might be worth asking them if they are interested in integration with us to provide a Windows solution.

You know what is really funny. Is I just happened to notice the guy that created this was a guy I happened to be chatting with on a Facebook group. He told me he had an open source project.

Hi Alex, and Hi everyone,
I am the creator and maintainer of the Flux project on gihub. I started it as something to use along side Zwift, instead of the default workout mode. And one of my goals is to build an open-source app for indoor cycling and structured training that can exist entirely inside the browser. Technology wise that meant using the latest web technologies that are coming from the google chrome team, and implementing a lot of cycling protocols and standards from scratch specifically for the browser. I found that exciting and just kept going.

Most recently I’ve used the web-serial API, that came out of beta this February to build a POC around the possibility of using ANT+ to control a smart trainer from a browser, and currently I am in the process of building a proper library for ANT+ on the web. I got it running on Ubuntu linux and Mac, Windows is a tough nut to crack, but it might be possible.

On the other hand as mentioned bluetooth has been in the browser for some time but it was lacking libraries for cycling trainer control, so I had to build one. Thus my other goal is to build a set of open-source tools for open-source indoor cycling apps.

Flux and TrainerDay overlap each other, but also have chosen different technological paths with different limitations and possibilities.