Possible to do HR workouts within the mobile app?

Hi, I’m using TrainerDay to do indoor workouts on my stationary Bowflex C6 during the work week, and I do longer outdoor rides on my road bike on the weekends. I don’t have a power sensor for my bike, but I DO have a Bluetooth HR monitor. I’ve seen there’s a feature to convert structured power-based workouts to HR workouts that I could do outside. However, it appears that I cannot do these HR workouts within the TrainerDay mobile app, but that I have to export them to Garmin, TrainingPeaks, etc. Is there a way to do these converted HR workouts within the TrainerDay mobile app, or do I have to use another app to run them?

Hi, we were moving in the direction of using our app outdoors and had some outdoor functionality for like 2 years but no one was using it so we removed it. We would like to add a pure HR focused mode like you are suggesting for indoors (could be used for outdoors). So at this time there is no way to do this and I don’t know any way to do structured HR workouts other than Garmin or Wahoo devices, including Garmin watches.

1 Like

Maybe I misunderstood the question. You want to do HR based workouts outdoors?

In any case, power or HR based workouts outdoors are just a “suggestion / target” since there isn’t anything like an indoor trainer which is able to control the trainer to the wattage (or use HR to control the trainer via power).

He seems to be saying he wants a power workout converted to HR targets and then view the HR target vs actual to complete the ride outdoors. Does your app do this? Show HR target instead of power target in the graph and on the fields?

Hi, thank you both for your replies! Yes this is what I was wanting - a way to do structured workouts with HR targets outdoors. Sounds like I’ll just need to export HR workouts to Garmin Connect for now as a workaround. No big deal.

2 Likes

So, just a follow on from this topic - if I convert a workout in my plan to HR and run it in the android app will it control my resistance on the trainer?
I have used the HR mode in the app previously by just setting the target and that works really well but when I tried a converted workout it did not seem to work so well.
Perhaps there is something else I need to do?

Interesting, that should be an obvious way for it to work (meaning I should have thought of this), but currently it does not. We have kind of two different HR solutions (convert to HR) and follow HR, but we need to merge these two solutions together.

Thanks for the reply Alex, I think this would be a really good addition and a unique feature, I for one would definitely use this😀

1 Like