Potential TD or Trainer Issue

Hi Alex,

First, I want to commend you on a great app you have created. I am new to indoor cycling and your app checked all the boxes for what I wanted. I really like the plan and workout availability, as well as the Garmin and TP integration. I have been using the app regularly for the past month and hope to continue going forward.

However, I don’t know if this is an issue with TD or my trainer (Saris M2) as I recall seeing a list of compatible trainers and the M2 was not listed. I 'd expect it to work fine given that the other Saris models work.

I’ve been using TD in ERG mode for all of my rides, but it never seems to adjust the trainer’s resistance to hit the watt target, unless I drop my cadence to a crawl, in which case it becomes impossible to pedal.

So this morning I exported the Micro Intervals I ride from TD to Rouvy and rode it twice, once with Rouvy and once with TD. With Rouvy, the resistance adjusted based on my cadence to hit the target, but this did not seem to be the case with TD. Also, the ride itself was a totally different experience in the two apps: Rouvy had me perform 38 intervals as expected but TD broke it down into only a few intervals, most of the time the target wattage showing as Infinity. I would have expected the opposite to potentially happen as the workout was exported from TD to Rouvy.

I’d be more than happy to provide you with any further information you need to assist with this issue, including other/better steps I can take to see if it really is an issue.

Thanks!

Wow that’s a first can you send me a link to that workout? Something strange. Also I will research your trainer tomorrow and let you know.

Here is the TD link. Let me know if you need a different link.

https://app.trainerday.com/activities/61f7d9d37603c57954743fbe

So you said this was supposed to be 38 intervals. I assume you imported a workout from ERG, MRC or ZWO file, can you provide me this file? You can email it to me at support@trainerday.com.

Your M2 should work fine and normally since I see it is “basically working.” I would say this not hitting target is a trainer problem but since you said it works fine in Rouvy this is very strange and we have this infinity problem which is also very strange.

So you have 3 different issues here

1. File import not getting all intervals (I think this is what you meant)
  2. This infinity value (might be related to #1)
  3. Your trainer not hitting targets (might be related to #2)

I see you have Pixel 6 so I assume Android 12. This #2 and #3 might be related to Android 12 although we have other A12 users and it is working fine for them. So something strange. Send me email and we can discuss options.