Power match and dual side recording for dual side PM

@Bad_Santa Thanks so much… Got them. I will go through them and see the comparison to satisfy my curiosity and possibly to see what I can improve.

1 Like

I took a whack at the data you kindly provided. First is the Wahoo Power match. It looks weird, largely because I think Wahoo Trainers by Default will Smoothen out the Power Data. I don’t own a Kickr, But reading forums, I see that there is an option to remove the smoothing process. Perhaps that would make things better?

Comment: Your 4iiii cranks per-second data really has quite a large variations (eyeballing), I see this similar issue w/ my own Assiomas as well (I attribute it to my pedaling style / the “so-called” highly accurate IAV algorithm they have)

These looks pretty good. What is your Garmin connected to? The Trainer or the Cranks?

ZOOMED section

Wish there was a way to smooth the Power Data traces within ZwiftPower site like dcrainmaker’s tool ($$) has.

Zoomed

with the exception of the Wahoo Power Match, I think the rest of the data is pretty well on-the-money.

Thanks for the deeper look, man. Garmin was connected to Kickr only in the last test, before that - cranks only. Spikes on pedals and cranks are logical - they collect raw data, no smoothing.

I also have Assioma Duo on my tribike, we can make some more tests if needed.

Wahoo has built in smoothing. I love the built in smoothing. Are you sure you don’t have it on. ?I don’t know how to turn it off but as app4g said it is possible some how. Wahoo by default is totally smooth and Neo is totally rought…

Good point. Any app at the moment does any desired power smoothing ON THE SCREEN, leaving raw data intact, and indeed, why Wahoo takes the courage to send adjusted data?

Actually the wahoo trainer itself sends smoothed data not raw data, but you can change this.

Personally I think the wahoo power smoothing is so good, I would love to figure out how to add that power smoothing to our app. But yes most apps, for sure ours might smooth on screen but data going to files is the raw data from the trainer (which is not raw from wahoo by default).

1 Like