Power not matching with ThinkRider X7 (RESOLVED)

Hi,

Hardwares used:

1. Thinkrider x7 pro
  2. Xcadey spider PM

Bot devices where detected.

I enabled PowerMatch and tried the 30 minutes recovery ride. The start of the interval for me was only 40-50w but it appears ERG is not functioning properly and when pedalling I am reaching over 70w

I have not tried a full session yet. I want have a more accurate ERG mode for my training. Any suggestions ? I want to be sure before going premium

Regards

Most trainers don´t support that low wattage/resistance. 80W and higher should be no problem.
If your trainer can´t go lower then 60, powermatch function will go crazy when sending 50.

1 Like

As mentioned also I think ERG does not work with this trainer. We are trying to find out if we can support it.

Ok we have confirmed that ThinkRider supports FEC so this is just a bug in our app that we will fix.

1 Like

Sorry it appears ThinkRider does work correctly (confirmed by other user). So your problem may just be that this is too low of power as MedCD suggested. If you feel you have a problem still please send a screenshot.

I was able to add my devices and also note my Viiiva managed to work properly after i removed from the 4iiii app any connected devies to my HRM.
it gets detected as a power meter when a devices is connected to the Viiiva, after removing the connected cadence sensor it registered as a HRM

My XCadey PM got detected and also it reported the Cadence properly.

The thinkrider and xcadey both broadcast power so I enabled powermatch. I think it would be great if there was a similar setting like in zwift where you can specify from your list of devices which will it select for cadence/power/controllable trainer.

By the way I also noticed it held erg mode better than zwift when my cadence is around 85-90 the wattage only went down +/- 5 watts

Assuming I completely understand you, that sounds great :slight_smile: I got a bit confused. Especially happy when people like something better about our app then the big guys.

Generally any device added over rides the smart trainer data. So it will be taking power from power meter and should be taking cadence from there as well. I know if you have speed and cadence sensor it will take from that as priority. I would have to ask my developer to make 100% sure it takes cadence from the power meter. I can’t imagine a case when cadence should not come from power meter (unless you add cadence sensor) if it has it and you connect it. So I don’t see the need for setting the priority. Zwift needs this for controllable since other apps might be controlling ERG so they might as well do it for all. I have not seen the need for it yet, but I might not be thinking correctly :slight_smile: Other people have mentioned this as well but I believe I convinced them that what we have works. :slight_smile: