PowerMatch isn't working? (FIXED)

Hi Everyone,
I’m using the Favero Assioma pedals in combination with Kickr Core and android app, therefore utilizing the powermatch function. Mentioned this morning that when in ERG mode the actual follows target line right to the point, which is the case when using trainer’s power (without power meter), the power match at the bottom was active and showed +0 watts the whole way. Also, I had the power meter connected to the watch which was reading differently to the trainerday app.

Did anyone come across something similar?

Cheers,
Dennis

Hi Dennis, Can you send a screenshot? That will help us troubleshoot. One other user reported that his power meter pedals were showing as smart trainer rather than power meter which would cause a problem. We are working on fixing his problem but not sure if that is your issue. No one else has reported anything.

Hey Alex, thanks for getting back to me and apologies for taking some time to respond, was off the bike for a week. Actually I think it is resolved as of this morning. I saw there was an app update, which could have helped, not sure, but it’s back to normal.

Cheers

Ok yes todays update is highly likely to fix it. Thanks for letting me know.

I am using Nero Elite Rollers as smart trainer in combination with a Quarq Dzero power meter and powermatch. Cannot get it to work, below the graph. Got off the bike multiple times, and switched to manual setting for the fifth interval. The manual setting showed me that I was not getting close to any of the Nero limits in terms of drum speed or manual level. What am I doing wrong?

I would suggest first trying it without the Dzero, or recording the Dzero on a garmin or wahoo device. Then second I would try it with Dzero but without power match on. In the case of extreme differences which might be the case of your rollers and Dzero our power match might not work very well but first we need to isolate the problem of just your rollers and our app.

Thank you Alex. Here the power outputs from the Quarq and Nero when operated in manual mode. Overlapped them by hand so don’t look at timing offset.

I don’t know what you mean by manual mode as I don’t understand these rollers, I guess manual mode is like slope or resistance mode but possibly set on the rollers? I am suggesting using our ERG mode but just connect only the Nero and send me the screenshot from TD like you did.

Sorry, resistance mode. Will do the next time.

1 Like

So ran erg-mode without powermatch and waited for the interval to jump from 150 to 213W. That did not change the settings of the Nero at all. Kept going for two minutes, no effect. Got off the rollers to check the setting, peddled a couple of more minutes and then switched powermatch on. That did affect the settings and matched the 213W fairly well, but then it could not match the 138W interval.