Problem - Floating power above 75 rpm

Hello,

I train on the Elite Diretto XRT trainer and I noticed that during the implementation of training plans with a set cadence above 75 rpm, the set power constantly oscillates (about) -20 W to +10 W compared to the set one, despite the fact that I try to keep the cadence evenly (I use in the background with a beat-beating metronome app).
It is extremely difficult to train with a given power.

As soon as I start training with a cadence of no more than 75 rpm, the power is kept evenly.

I did not notice such a power oscillation during training using the OneLap application.

The trainer is calibrated.

Other apps put more smoothing on it. Generally this should not be a function of our app but you never know. I would try different gears and see if this happens. It sounds very strange.

As I think, my workouts are saved on the server, so you can track them, for example, the one I did on 02/15/2022, where for 98 minutes I had a premeditated cadence of 75 rpm.

Shifting to a slightly higher / lower wheel speed does not help much. And after switching to an even higher / lower gear ratio and maintaining the set cadence in training, the result is a permanent increased / reduced training power, higher / lower than the set one.

Oh there seems to be a bug affecting some people now that our app is running in slope mode even though it says ERG. Maybe that is the problem here. Let us fix this bug and get the new version released and if that does not solve it and you are willing to work directly with my developer we can likely solve it. Hopefully our next release will just fix this.

This thread might be talking about the same problem (at the bottom)

I just created this new topic to address this issue.

1 Like