Problems syncronizing with GC

Hello Alex:

This is my second month using TD and I´m having a couple issues when I try to upload my finished trainings to Garmin Connect.
The first one is that GC wont register any intensity minutes from the trainings. I see that the problem maybe caused because, even being registered, no heart rate data uploads to GC . Any ideas how to solve this?

The other problem is that when I try to export the trainings from my phone to the computer using airdrop sometimes it gives an error message(it happpens with both the tcx and fit formats but not with the training image). It appears to be totally random as the app allows me to upload some trainings but not others(even when I do it in the same batch). It won´t even allow to send them to any cloud service to download them from the computer. THe only workaround I could find for this is downloading the training info from the computer TD page.
I´m using an Iphone with the latest iOS version. But both errors occurred with the previous version, too.

Any help will be appreciated

THanks
Juan

You will only get those when recorded an a Garmin device. Uploads or activity files from other sources will not count for the Garmin Intensity minutes. (It’s a Garmin decision, TrainerDay can’t do anything about that)
If you do have a Garmin device, the easiest solution is to dual record with it. Everything will come in as a normal outdoor activity.

Intensity minutes IIRC only happens by the (completed) workouts getting uploaded (by Garmin) into your watch/head unit etc where the calc is done on the watch.

Like medtechcd said, this will only happen if you either have a garmin device or it was recorded on a Garmin device.

But having said that, there are ways to achieve it if that’s what you’re looking for.

RunGap will provide auto-sync from TD to Garmin Connect and as long as you have a Garmin device I believe it will provide intensity minutes and all stats once it syncs. RunGap had an issue lately where it would not work with Intensity Minutes but I believe it is resolved.

Thanks everyone.
Any suggestion for the exporting issue?

It’s the first I have heard of this other than some people with internet bandwidth or connection problems have problems with fit file export but TCX from app I have never heard of any issues. Are you doing super long workouts or have bad internet possible? Any more details would help understand. Really RunGap is by far the best for you I think so then you won’t care about export. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am sorry I can’t provide more details but it’s really random. It happens sometimes but others it works perfectly. I really think maybe something related with Apple´s AirDrop system. I´ll give rungap a try.
Thanks

Yes, but Rungap, to synchronize, is paid, so you already have to pay for two applications, it doesn’t seem like a solution to something that is requested a lot.

I fully agree but Garmin won’t approve us (or any new small companies). I would love to have it. Rungap is very low cost.

1 Like

Garmin’s business is selling hardware and the physiology stuff that goes with it is “free”. It’s not really surprising then that they don’t allow people who haven’t paid them, by buying a Garmin, to take advantage of it.

But that’s exactly what it’s all about, so that people who have Garmin equipment can have consistent data. The second thing is that Garmin’s analytics are a little off the mark :wink:

But most of the people that want this stuff are Garmin purchasers. The way it works is you still need a moderin Garmin device for training load but for sure they see this as an additional revenue opportunity. I would not be surprised if Zwift and TrainerRoad either pay now or at least paid at one point. Garmin used to charge 5k to integrate so that might have been a benefit of them getting in early with some money. For sure Garmin could put limits on it I would guess but they have to do work and it’s not in their interest. They can push people towards their ecosystem… even the Tacx App…

Yes their training advice is bad (for 80% of the people I would guess). But ultimately if it motivates some people and if it does not injure or burn them out, that is beneficial.

1 Like

I call my Vivoactive 4 my random number generator. And yes the only metric they seem to care about is VO2max and everything appears to be focused on the way they think you improve it.

1 Like