Problems with ERG on Tacx Flux 2

Hi, I am having issues with oscillations in power on my Tacx Flux 2. Its rideable but not ideal and I am really hoping it should be better than this (and give me a reason to move from Zwift/Sufferfest). I also noticed the peak power of an interval never gets as high as it should. See screengrabs attached. I have tried on iPAd and also Android mobile (S23). Same result.

Any ideas please?

I should mention I using v 3.8.0

Are you using the PowerMatch function?
Flux is a wheel-on trainer. If your trainer power differs a lot from the power meter, you will have that phenomena.
Try recalibrating and check tire pressure before every session. The closer you get, the better the ride feeling.

Thanks for your response but flux 2 is a direct drive.

SB20 users have something slightly similar and we are working on fixing that. Although I will say my tester has a Flux 2 and I believe he tested it with that without issue. Let me confirm.

1 Like

are you using powermatch? perhaps try turning it off? and let the trainer smooth out the power?

I had a similar issue with my flight trainer. In high powered sprint, it would not teach the target watts. I downgraded the firmware and now I have no problem. I had a feeling it was the trainer as I had tried with my swift trial and was getting the same behavior.

Thanks for this. When you say you downgraded your firmware - do you mean on your trainer?

Did you confirm if your other user mentioned with Flux 2 was having any issues?

Oh sorry. I think my tester has flux 2 (it’s mine but I don’t remember), let me verify. It definitely works fine for him.

Did you test our app lately we fixed some other issues that might fix this. Also have you used another app and ERG mode works fine? Not that I want to send you away :slight_smile:

Oh he has Flux S and it works perfectly. If you are willing to work with us directly we should be able to get this fixed. I just checked and this is FTMS so it should work the same as Flux S, it’s strange. Do you have the latest firmware from Tacx?

1 Like

Yes, I downgraded the firmware on the flight trainer. I found out that the latest release was supposed to fix this issue but for me it introduced it.

But that was specific to his trainer, downgrading firmware is usually not recommended by manufactures and can break your trainer. Upgrading is a lot safer if you have not done it.

Thanks for this… I have been away so just catching up. I will double check firmware etc and let you know.

I have used the trainer on zwift without being aware of any fluctuations but the power on zwift is not mapped on a graph to see the variations so I guess it could have been doing it without me being aware. I use a garmin forerunner which I believe has structured workouts for smart trainers so could give that a go as a comparison.

You can do ERG structured workouts in Zwift also as a test.