Pushing workouts to Garmin

Hello. I just got a vasa erg and had a good first workout. I want to be able to push my workouts to garmin connect. I found the settings to allow that and it pushed it to Strava but not garmin. Any help on just getting pushed to garmin would be appreciated (I would prefer to push from the app to garmin and then have garmin push it to Strava).

You must go to our workout page in the app and download, or sync to dropbox or download from our website and load to Garmin. Another option is to track in garmin at the same time but it will still show the wrong workout type. Sadly we can’t send completed activities to Garmin. Read more here.

Ahh… the Vasa… Once upon a time, I worked on this app

that will natively collect the data from the VASA and send it out to GarminConnect as developer fields. Then you will have data like (left/right) Power / Cadence etc

then Garmin went and Broke it. Now , while it still works, it’s nowhere as “useful” anymore since you can upload the data to GC, but can only VIEW It during the workout.

FitContributor Garmin Connect missing Lap data

https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/discussion/283469/addlap-calls-don-t-match-laps-in-connect

Really, that’s interesting. Does that mean you are a triathlete? Do you have a vasa trainer? We are their premier app now. They include a 90 day trial of TrainerDay with each vasa swimERG purchase.

no i do not… I worked w/ the the5krunner to get the app running and it was working all well and good until…

Cool you are like me. Well I am an old guy now and do minimal dev (but still do it and like it after 43 years of dev), but I have been into “everything” at one time or another.

1 Like