Request for Tips for completing an activity on hotel stationary bike

I have a usability question. I’m going to be traveling this week and won’t have access to my trainer, power meter, or speed sensor. I can take my Wahoo cadence sensor with me. I wonder if anyone would recommend a way to still complete an activity on the stationary bike at my hotel? Also, I have a Garmin Forerunner 255 so I thought about just doing the workout with HR instead of power, but I assume no mileage will be tracked, which isn’t important except for my vanity and comparing to previous weeks.

A speed or cadence sensor won’t give you reasonable milage on a spin bike. Just do HR focused, or just ride and have fun and count it as your training :slight_smile: Do something different super low RPM, or high RPM or some sprints or anything. Really for the most part just cycling regularly is all you need to do, especially during a short term break.

Perfect, thanks for the advice. It’s nice to just make it simple.

By the way, I’ve been using TrainerDay for about 3 months now and recently retested my FTP. It went up from 209 to 228. I really pleased with the increased fitness that I’m experiencing. Keep up the great work in developing this app.

Alex, I’m curious about how to use the app in HR mode. I thought I read somewhere that this is possible, but I can’t figure it out. I’m not looking for HR to control a trainer. I want to see my HR target for a non-ERG ride beside my actual or something like that.

Thanks!

Sadly we removed this temporarily until we could find a simpler solution. We are working on that now but it is not out yet. For now you can just use our app and track your HR only workout but you must set your intensity using a conversion factor.

You can just write down your HR zones based on this for example

And then make sure you are targeting approximately the right HR #s.

Great news!!!