Resistance dropping out Zwift Hub

I have used TrainerDay with my Zwift Hub for several months with no issues but today it was unable to maintain power. ie the target would be 150 W but there is little resistance in the petals and I can’t get it over 60 W. It only seems to happen at slightly higher powers, maybe over 100W. Sometimes it will jump up to the correct resistance but then drop again.

My trainer is working fine with the Zwift app so it seems to be something with Trainer Day. I tried multiple different workouts I have done before in TD with the same result. Tried both with and without power smoothing. Nothing in my setup has changed. I am using TD on my Samsung phone bluetooth’d to the trainer. The app is up to date.

I have also had this happen a few times. I have the Zwift hub and it seems to happen after I have been messing around with the connected sensors. The resistance is fluctuating and does indeed not reach the resistance that is set.
After restarting everything the problem seems to be solved and it does not come back (I had it ones when I began using TD a few weeks back and a few days ago when I tried to connect a cadence sensor it happened again).

Hi guys. This is strange. We have JetBlack trainers and it works fine and theoretically they are the same. @Donovan if you reinstall our app and it still does this let me know and if you are willing you can work with my developer to get this resolved. To work with my developer it’s important it happens regularly.

After a firmware update on my Hub it seems to have returned… But I seem to have it narrowed down… If i connect my Garmin watch to the trainer (I use it to record the training so I have it in Garmin Connect, not to command the trainer) before the TD app the resistance will start to fluctuate once it gets above 100W or so.
If I connect TD first it will not do this.
I had this problem yesterday. I just closed TD app, stopped my watch and restarted the trainer. Started TD (the training was remembered and I could just start where I left off), connected watch and all was well.
It looks like the Zwift hub stopped broadcasting just speed and cadence since the update so now I have to connect to it as trainer on my watch (before it found the trainer as a speed/cadence sensor). I guess this gives some conflict…

That’s an interesting one and very good observation. At least it sounds like you have a solution. Not sure if there is anything we can do on our side (seems like not).