Resistance vs Slope Mode Change

I want to point out, that we made a change to fit the HR mode on the screen. That if a person uses resistance mode instead of slope mode they should go to settings now and switch it to resistance mode.

When you switch to resistance mode it looks like this.

1 Like

Top of the day
Was doing tabata thing, they s_ck, in egr mode and in the on part[350+] for 20 sec was spot on, but in the off part[10 seconds] it never released to the recovery wattage. Is this common? Is it better to do these in a different mode, restitance or slope?
And how does slope work?
Go from there and jabber later

Yeah some trainers do fine with 20/10 in ERG but many struggle to change fast enough. 20/10 is the borderline between ERG and slope or resistance effectiveness.

I like slope mode but really there is not much difference between slope and resistance other than we have auto slope mode which can help doing intervals like 20/10 because it can automatically change slopes so you don’t need to shift so much. Slope is just like a hill outdoors. Meaning you control the intensity via cadence and gears.

This article explains it better
https://blog.trainerday.com/smart-slopes-779c74a0c921

Hope that helps.

My trainer takes about 6secs before it starts dropping / increasing the wattages. are you saying your trainer does not drop the wattage even after like 10secs?

Hi Alex , I have the latest version of IOS app and I do not have the resistant option, and I like to use it when warm up or between hard intervals.
I have ERG, HR and Slope….
What can I do to get the resistance option back ?

Sorry we need to make this more clear. Just turn this switch off in settings.

1 Like