Sending plans to TrainingPeaks, Garmin, Intervals (Not free any more?)

Hi there I’ve been using trainerday for some time now and it’s great. Im not a premium user and I only use it once or twice a week but I notice today I can nolonger send my workouts to trainingpeaks and therefore no longer to my wahoo headunit.

Has something changed?? Pic below of this new screen that now pops up:

1 Like

Hello, we faced a difficult decision. For years, we’ve worked hard to offer a free workout and plan sharing service, always prioritizing our users’ needs. While I’m passionate about providing free sharable content, we must sustain our business.

We are committed to keeping our very low $3.99 pricing and felt was the most fair to everyone to help us continue to grow and add more cool stuff. For you or anyone facing financial constraints or other reasons, I can provide a discounted yearly plan. Just contact me at support@trainerday.com.

Your support means everything to us, we hope we can continue to be a part of your cycling solution.

2 Likes

Thanks Alex, that’s a shame. For the little I use it, I don’t really want to subscribe, but I appreciate the work that goes in.

I’ll take a look around to see if there are any alternatives. I must have missed the memo because this update came as a complete surprise to me.

Thanks again and maybe I’ll be back in the winter when I rely more for this kind of thing to support indoor workouts.

1 Like

Bad surprise and very deceptive, actually!! Don’t think my usage justify membership. It would have been great to advise prior deleting this function of pushing to Training Peaks.

Sorry you feel that way. I also can fully understand this is frustrating, I love free stuff myself. Ask any long term customers here, we try extra hard to be be overly fair and provide the ultimate customer service we can for the lowest price and give a lot for free. If there is a missing feature in TrainerDay that would change your opinion that it would be worth the subscription please reach out and let me know.

Thanks yes, sorry again, I loved having this feature for free. It has been a free feature for about 4 years now. The decision was not easy.

Thanks for all, Alex. I have just open a free account last week!! I didn’t know it before. Very, very deceptive…Could you just allow for free for one more month? I will evaluate the opportunity to become a paid member.

Interesting, yes I can see you downloaded a single workout back in 2019 when we were ERGdb. :slight_smile: So you are an original member, but must not remember ERGdb or realize that is us/me. But yes I can see you did not start really using it until recently. I really want to try to keep people happy so I can give you a month of premium for free. Then you can try out everything we offer. Trust me deceptive is not who we are, even if it understandably might feel this way with this “rapid change.” I agree, it’s not nice to find something you like and it changes on you.

So you are upgraded now, just make sure you are logged in and go to our home page https://trainerday.com and it will activate your upgrade.

I have loved using trainerday for a while, I can understand that you can’t offer it for free. However I do agree this has come as somewhat of a surprise. I have two questions:

• I am not sure of value of the free account now? If I can’t send a workout to my Wahoo device what is the value to me?

• Is there an option to purchase a yearly subscription rather than paying monthly.

Sorry, yes, with Wahoo you can download our workouts and copy them to your device for free, but I realize that is less convenient. Yes we have a yearly option, if you click to upgrade you will see it, its 39.95$.

Hi Alex, I own a Wahoo Roam but I don’t know if and how we can import a workout from Trainer Day ? In other words, how to copy them to my device.

A quick google led me here.

works?

This is old video but it should work. I have not tried it lately. Thanks I was going to do the same search :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestion. Very cumbersome in my opinion; doesn’t fit my need.

Yes, this is the problem. I am also a Roam user and started doing it they way I showed in that video. It only takes a short period of time (once a week for say 5 minutes or so) but still feels painful some how. Wahoo does not make it convienient for users to get workouts on their bike computers. Garmin is much better in this regard but I still like Wahoo bike computers.

1 Like