Sending Workouts/Plan to Garmin

I am a new subscriber, I want to know the correct, settings here to match the trainerday app.
I am using Garmin Edge 1040 and Elite Direto Xr trainer.
Thank you!

garminnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn|690x236

So you want to use the Garmin to control your trainer? Most people prefer to use our app to control the trainer but many will also record the workout on their garmin at the same time.

1 Like

Yes, I want my garmin to control my trainer. I want to sync the data through my forerunner and edge.
Since the mobile app only syncs to strava.

I tried to upload the tcx files from Dropbox to Garmin, the activity is saved only in the garmin connect. The activities are not sent to my cycling computer and watch.
That is the reason I want to send my work plan to Garmin. But I don’t know the correct settings to choose.

Is there a guide or tutorials on how to setup the dual recording? @Alex

On the Trainer Day website, it is in the upper right corner of the settings.
Scroll down and go to Garmin connection settings.

If you have a plan, your calendars will sync in the system this week and next.
You can also send a single workout.

1 Like

@conti Thank you for this visual reply. I will try this out. Thank you!

@Alex How do you record garmin and trainer day at the same time? just hitting the Free ride in the cycling computer? how will the sensors know which to connect if that is the case?

You can connect any source sensor to both your Garmin and to the Trainerday app. Garmin’s have to my knowledge all the possibility to connect in ANT+. The Trainerday app on your phone must connect by BLE unless you have a specific phone or device that allows ANT+ connection.
The one thing that you must be very cautious about is that only one of them, and in this case it must be Trainerday, connects to the control channel for the trainer. Garmin must NOT connect your trainer as ‘trainer’ or it will try to control it. Garmin has to connect to the Power/Speed/Cadence sensors of your trainer, just to record those metrics. The resistance control of the trainer must be exclusive to the Trainerday app. Check the Trainer section in your Garmin device connection and if it is connected, disconnect it!