Show Target Power instead of Target Heart Rate

I noticed a recent change in behaviour in the mobile app. When I select a workout the display shows Target Power (row 3, col 1). As soon as my heart rate monitor connects the same cell (row 3, col1) switches over to Target Heart Rate. Not too long ago, this always showed target power.

I do understand the convenience of switching over to Target Heart Rate when the HR monitor is attached (and so this is not a “bug”), but I’m in a unique situation. I have a spin bike purchased 2nd hand. It has a power hub that connects to a head unit through an old (and I believe proprietary) wireless connection. So TD does not detect the power hub. That’s been fine since I would just follow along matching the Power on the head unit to TD’s Target Power. But now that that is no longer showing, I can’t follow along.

I look thru the app options, but I didn’t see an option to keep Target Power showing regardless.

Thanks for your help

This is a bug, we are working on this. Sorry about that. Should/will be fixed this week.

1 Like

Sorry this is going a bit slower than expected. We have completely redone how HR mode works meaning we are offering two modes of HR training. Even though it seemed easy at first it is surprisingly difficult to make something that hopefully people will understand, or not need to understand.

Generally non-smart trainer users can use HR mode, and smart trainer users can use HR+ mode. HR+ is HR-ERG, the same as it was. Without adding another confusing setting we are trying to automatically determine the right path for a user, which again sounds easy but since we don’t know when the workout starts all the devices for 100% sure it gets more complicated. Anyway if anyone wants to understand more I am happy to explain. Or just wait and hopefully next wee people can try it. I have a feeling we will still need to do some improvements to this to make it as flexible/perfect as users want and also as intuitive as possible.

Not a problem. I’m in high-tech. I’m very familiar with the switch from “this should be simple” to "“you are in a twisty little maze of passages”. Good luck.

1 Like