[Solved] - App crashes instantly after today's update (4.4.0)

Hi Alex,

I tried opening the TrainerDay app this morning and it crashed immediately i.e. isn’t opening. I’m seeing the same behaviour on my wife’s iPad.

We’ve tried the obvious, restarting our devices etc. but the app continues to crash as it tries to open.

I can see that there was a software update this morning (UK time), so I’d imagine that there’s a problem with the update…

Happy to provide any further info you need to investigatre this, but seeing the issue on an iPad with up to date software and an iPhone 15, again with up to date iOS.

Oh sorry to hear this, we were fixing crashing issues for other users. You should probably re-install the app and let me know if that fixes it. We have had many iOS users test this version so my guess (hope) is that a re-install will fix it.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the extremely rapid reply and reinstalling the app sorted the issue. Thanks!

Should have thought to deinstall and reinstall the app before raising this, but clearly wasn’t thinking this morning! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We have been moving very fast getting out new builds to finally fix a bunch of peoples crashing so we have not been able to test as much as we like. So obviously you should not need to reinstall. Glad it fixed it.

Hi Alex,
After coming back from one week off I noticed that the app doesn’t start anymore.

Huawai P10 Lite, Android latest and greatest. According to the playstore the update was on 27.12.2023.

In the last few months it happened several times that I couldn’t train with this Smart Phone because of the instability of TD.

On a Samsung A33 it worked: TD 4.3.16 (updated from 27.12.2023).
The change to another Smart Phone means a loss of approx. 10-15min of a time crunched triathlete with a permanent untouched training infrastructure(Smart Trainer, Phone, Laptop, large Screen, …).

In the title of this thread the V4.4 is mentioned and the issue as solved in contradiction to the reality. This is misleading.

As the reneval of the TD subscription is within a few weeks, I am not sure to continue for a further year.

Best regards
Rolf

Sorry about that. Uninstall and reinstall should fix it.

Happy Day, happen new year.

It looks like the reinstallation did the trick.
The app is starting up and the tacx Neo is connecting.

As today is my running day the next workout test will be tomorrow.

Might help if you can add the re-installatipn hint in the play store release info.

Thank you very much for the quick response
Rolf

The problem is we can’t change the release info now and had no idea it was going to crash until after it launched. It only seems to affect a small number of users. We know the underlying reason why but don’t understand why it only affects a few people.

Hi Alex,
I am having the same issue as above. As in the app crashes as soon as I atemp to open it.

Ok just re-install seems to fix it.

Today I wanted to perform a 2h workout. On the Smartphone everything was ok (Power, HR), but mirroring the screen to the Laptop didn’t work anymore.
I switched the Smartphone and I could do part of the planned workout as my time run out.
And the end of the workout it came into my mind that there might be a setting for mirroring the workout. I compared all my setting on my two Smartphone and I identified 3 setting to change:

1. Mirroring the workout to the Laptop
  2. Power in-/decreasing : change from 5% -> 2%
  3. Extending Interval time from 10sec -> 30sec

After the re-installation of the App this has to be take into account.

Yep! i can confirm a re-install is a fix. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like