[SOLVED] - App crashing when interval starts

I’m trying to do the 60 minute 6x2 ride, but whenever it hits the first interval, after 2-3 seconds, the app closes. Has anyone else had this experience or have a fix for it? This has been happening for the past 2-3 weeks. oddly, I’m still able to do a quick start workout and for 60 minutes at zone 2 power levels. I’m on an iphone 12 pro running ios 17.1.2.

1 Like

Sorry to hear, after we updated our bluetooth library a few people are getting crashing we can’t figure out why yet but we are working on this.

Alex,

Just some observations - I’m running an IPad Pro 17.1.2. TD has been crashing since the last update. You can reopen the app and continue the workout in progress but the app will crash again in 10 seconds or so regardless of whether you press continue. Connected to a wahoo kickr, it has crashed whenever starting a new interval, when switching from erg to grade, and randomly yesterday during the first warmup interval. Connected to a SwimErg, it has yet to crash.

1 Like

Thanks for the details. I will try my iPad pro with Kickr to see if I can duplicate it. It’s a very strange issue.

Thanks for the update, Alex. Agreed, the crash seems to be linked to when new intervals start - if that helps at all.

2 Likes

Também não consegui executar o treino hoje.
Aplicativo fecha em 10 segundos.

1 Like

Mine is crashing at intervals, tried different interval workouts. Same. iPhone user

I am updating to iOS 17.2.1 maybe it is something to do with that.

Ok I have no problem with 17.2.1, it’s really strange. I am reading on forums that people have lots of issues with bluetooth with 17.2.1 so maybe this is some Apple problem. Hard to say. We updating our ble at the same time they launched a new version.

We are rolling back to previous version of ble library we were using to see if that resolves the issues.

1 Like

If anyone is willing to try our beta to see if this is fixed we would appreciate it. Just give me your email you use for Apple in a personal message to me or email me at support@trainerday.com

@Alex I’ll dm you. I updated to ios 17.2 and it was still crashing. The quickest way to make the app crash for me was going from erg to slope (same behavior as a new interval starting). After it would crash if I reopened the app, it would crash again in ~10s unless I opened a quick start workout (for a non-started workout as this otherwise turns to “continue”).

Ok, thanks for confirming. Too bad. We fixed it for one user using an Old Wahoo trainer and were hopeful it would fix everyone.

One user confirmed this is solved in 4.4.0. Please confirm.

I rode today with 4.4.0 and it worked great. I did have the issue twice before so I believe it was fixed.

1 Like

I too was having issues with iOS 17.2.1 wherein the app would “crash” (go back to phone Home Screen, but app still running), and this happened multiple times; it definitely seemed to be tied to the start of intervals.

I updated to app 4.4.0 and that seems to have fixed things. I have completed 2 workouts from my plan without incident.

1 Like