[Solved] - App Won’t Connect to Kickr

I’m having trouble connecting my Wahoo Kickr to the app. It had been working fine for the last month. I took a week off and came back to ride today and it won’t connect. Here’s a screenshot of what I’m seeing:

I tried restarting the app, restarting my ipad, turning Bluetooth off and back on, etc. I also shut down all other apps on my iPad and Bluetooth on my iPhone just in case either of those were interfering. When those failed, I tried shutting everything down on my iPad and using the app on my iPhone instead. Same results.

I also checked my Wahoo app and that connects to the Kickr without a problem. (See the image below). I ran a spin down and checked to make sure that I was running the latest firmware.

Any suggestions?

We updated our bluetooth library and it broke the old kickr’s I assume yours is old… We are working with one user now and have it partially working. It should be fixed next week sorry about this.

Great, thanks! I appreciate the quick response!

I Don’t know, what you mean with “old” ones, but this issue happens with my kickr snap v2, too.

Usually a power reset of the device helps, to connect to the app.

But if the connection is lost during a workout, sadly you have to power reset the kickr, too. Or you are not able to reconnect.

But glad to hear you are working on this :grinning:

Snap is different, I am not sure the fix we are working on will fix this but it might. My kickr V5 works perfectly at least in 5 minute tests. How often are you seeing this issue?

Connection is lost during a workout maybe every second workout on average.

This happens just recently, maybe since an update two weeks ago.

Oh I see, yes we did a Bluetooth library update about 2 weeks ago.

Are you iOS or Android?

One year old iPad Air with iPadOS 17.

The bluetooth library we use is for both Android and iOS but appears to only have a problem with iOS. We will figure this out or we will go back to old version if we have to.

1 Like

A new version with fixes should be available today or tomorrow

3 Likes

This is confirmed solved.

Thanks guys! I’ll try it again this afternoon and I’ll let you know if I have any issues.

1 Like

After recovering from a cold, tried today Version 4.4.0 of the app.
Had to restart the device (iPad) to be able to connect. After five minutes of training it just loses connection and didnt reconnect. Again I had to power reset the kickr snap so that TrainerDay app will reconnect. Otherwise the smart Trainer will be forever yellow in the connection window.

So reconnecting is still Not solved, at least for me :frowning: the bad thing is, if I am not starring at the app, I wont recognize that the connection is lost. The trainer is still in erg mode but the app just stops because it doesnt receive anything from the trainer. And even worse, I have to stand up and power reset the trainer.

One other user reported this too. So strange. If you are on Android can you join the android beta and try it? It has 4.4.2 which has the new blue tooth library (the one that caused problems before but we believe we fixed it). Or can I send you an invite to the beta for Apple if you are on iOS?

Yeah I’m on iOS, and would try the beta

Cool, sent you an invite.

1 Like