[SOLVED] - Having trouble getting HR mode to work

Hi there.

I’m having trouble getting the HR mode to work in quick start mode.
I open the app, select quick start. It defaults to ERG mode at 67 watts. I then press HR button next to ERG, and set the desired HR using the buttons at the bottom, press the play button, and start pedaling.

I then pedal at 67 watts, and that does not change. I’ve seen screenshots of the HR target tile showing up in green, but mine stays gray. Is there supposed to be any feedback as to whether HR mode is active?

As a side node, I also have Rouvy connected, but I have deselected the controllable function of Rouvy, and it just reads the ~67 watts from the trainer, and does not adjust resistance according to the route, as expected.

Do you have your threshold HR set in the settings? This might have an effect. Does our app work fine in ERG mode?

Hi Alex. Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.
I did some further testing today, and as it turns out - it was never your app that was the problem.
Even though I de-selected the controllable feature in Rouvy, it seems that it somehow tried to override or take control over the app. As soon as I started up the app before Rouvy, it started working as designed. I did a one-hour test ride earlier today, and everything worked as expected.

1 Like