[Solved] - HR mode : HR not going down after Zone4 stint

I’m on version 4.0.2 of the app on Android. I did a Zone2 ride in the great HR mode and then wanted to add some Zone4 work. I increased the target HR, worked as a charm. But : when I was finished with Zone4, I adjusted the HR back down to my Zone2 HR. Nothing really didn’t happen. Yes, it lowered the power a bit, but not enough to go to the target HR. Then I adjusted the target HR really down and the power did come along. If wanted I can share the activity file. Will try again later this week…

Thanks for the feedback, I think I know the problem, and I believe our next version should fix it. If not then we can analyze farther

1 Like

Hi Alex, I’m now on version 4.0.2 on Android. I tried a similar workout last night and the problem still seems to be there. After a Zone4 section, the power doesn’t seem to adjust down to where I’ve put it. Then I put the target HR zone REALLY down, then it adjusts. So I do have a work around.

Ok thanks for feedback. We have so many versions of this I can’t remember how 4.0.2 works :slight_smile: I think 4.0.3 had the fix but did not get released yet and now we are on 4.0.8… which I think is out in beta but should be out in production in the next couple days.

Hi Alex, I’m now on version 4.1.6 and I had a bid of a weird experience. When I started riding, I couldn’t get my my target HR zone. To be specific : the power went over, my HR went up and over the target, but didn’t come back. So I struggled and put it first down a couple of beat, with no real result. Then I put it really down, let it come down and then put it at the target again. Then it worked for the rest of the hour. Feels like a bug in some specific scenario that got introduced. Once I got it right, it stayed OK for the hour. The curve look weird :

Thanks, that’s strange looking graph for sure. Yes someone else pointed out the new version is strange too. Trying to fix one users problems, I think I made it worse in general.

I need to revert back but I also want to introduce the idea of slow warmup and fast warmup. Can you send me a link to this workout and I will process it to make sure your case is better handled, it seems your HR gets to target faster than some other guys and one guys is very slow. I thought I had your case handled in my code but I guess not.

Here’s the link : Trainer Day - Activity Detail

What I learned while using the functionality : I start riding, target HR set at 120 (which is my Zone 2 target). Indeed, nothing really happens, power is low, HR stays below 100. That’s a warmup. Now not every day is the same for me (yes, I’m getting old :slight_smile: ). Some days I’m happy to go to target HR after 3 minutes, some days after 5 min. So what I do, when I’m ready, I hit the + button a couple of times, followed by the - button. This seems to trigger the fact the power starts to adjust. Check out this activity : Trainer Day - Activity Detail

Ok just ran your data through my code, I see what is wrong at least with the jumping up and down (bad idea on my part) although I am not sure why it did not start increasing power after minute #1 as my code shows it should. For now I am just going to revert back to the previous warmup strategy and be more careful with my changes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There should/will be new version with fixed HR today or tomorrow.

1 Like

Fix in version 4.1.7 worked.

Nice curve. The “warmup” was also much faster, the cooldown as well.

This evening I’ll try a zone4 workout :slight_smile:

1 Like