[SOLVED] - Power meter not connecting

Hi

New to trainerday and I’ve been having a few issues with connecting my devices.

At first It indicated it was connected to my HRM, power meter and flux S, but didn’t show any heart rate and erg mode didn’t work. Then I restarted the app and unpaired everything to start again, connected to the flux S and the PM, but PM stayed on paired (not connected) for the entire ride and didn’t recognise the HRM at all, but erg mode did work that time.

Not sure if I should be pairing things in order or something like on zwift?

Thanks
Ryan

Hi Ryan, we have had many issues with different versions of Tacx Flux S lately on iOS. We own one and ours works perfectly in both iOS and Android but it seems there are different versions of this that work differently. We had a new version of the app in just the last day that seemed to fix most of the issues.

We know of people randomly having connection problems at times but it seems not to occur very often so your case is strange.

Can you go to other settings at the bottom and tell me the version number you have?

Hi Alex, thanks for the rapid response.

I’m on the android app version 4.6.1.

I had a similar issue yesterday with erg not kicking in, but managed to unpair and re-pair devices repeatedly until it kicked in and powermatch switched on. But that didn’t seem to work today.

Hopefully I’m on an old version and the new one will fix it.

Oh that is Android… I thought from looking at the screenshot it was iOS… This is very rare for Android user to have Flux issue. Sadly you have the latest version. You could uninstall and re-install and see if it fixes the issue. If not, I know you are new here, and usually I ask people that have been around a bit longer but is there any chance you would work with my developer on this? Usually Android issues are fast to fix and usually helping one person helps others as well.

Yeah sure

1 Like

Is Ant+ not supported anymore on the android app?

I have a plug in dongle but the app just asks me to turn on bluetooth for the app to work correctly.

I’ve done a bit of searching in the forum and it does seem as though ANT+ was supported at one point but wondering if that has now changed.

I’m pretty sure ANT= is still supported but the app makes use of the BLE stack for a number of things, so you should probably just turn it on.

Thanks restarted the phone a couple of times and now the ANT+ connections are available. But don’t seem to connect very fast or be stable.

Not sure if the icon has any impact, but in the screenshots below once the flux has the smart trainer icon, and in the other it just has the power meter icon.

Sorry so slow Ryan. You should uninstall our app and reinstall it. I have Assioma’s and no problem connecting. We did an update that the best solution is a reinstall.

Hi Alex

I haven’t reinstalled but it worked perfectly this morning. So not sure if it’s rolled out automatically?

Great to hear. We had some changes that might have rolled out and helped, but if you experience this again try a re-install.

Great, thanks for the help Alex

1 Like