[Solved] Sync. issue intervals.icu to TD

First of all: I enjoy TD very much!

Now my question:

Are there limitations for the synching of WOD between intervals and TD (like any prohibited characters, length of workout name, hashtags, …)? The name of the workout is

S1 (80%) + S3 (20%) | 2x4 Anaerobic+VO2max#Anaerobic #VO2max

and I don’t know if intervals keeps hashtags in the name or not. The WOD from intervals was not shown today and on another occasion. It shows the next day’s training, but not the current one.

I did shift workouts today. However, that was hours before the actual training.

You should be able to click “send to” on the workout and if it does not send to intervals then it won’t sync. We don’t know of any limitations other than we do ERG only so a workout with slope mode or HR mode won’t work. Can you send me a link to the workout?

Ah, it’s about the sync from intervals.icu to TD.

(removed screenshots)

Sorry I am still confused. You are showing Jan 14 but I see a Jan 16. I don’t understand.

The workout from intervals shown on Jan 16th does not sync to TD (you only see it on the intervals screenshot). The training from intervals shown on Jan 17th does sync to TD (you find it on both screenshots).

Oh yes this is 1.5 way sync, you can only add workouts to TrainerDay to sync to intervals not add them to intervals to come to TrainerDay, this is because we can’t distribute workouts from Intervals to TrainingPeaks.

Sorry, I am confused or did not get it right. I thought the app is to show the workout of the day from intervals, if I enable the respective option (which I did). In my understanding this does not require the workouts to be somewhat present in TD, right? I don’t use the TD calendar, I have my training plan on intervals the TD calendar is empty.

For most days the WOD sync. from intervals seems to work fine, e.g. Jan 17th, 18th and 19th are shown on the workout tab in the TD app. Again, those workouts do not exist in the TD calendar or on TD in general. However, the workout from yesterday (Jan 16th) and last Sunday (Jan 14th) did not show up on the workout tab in the TD app.

Oh sorry yes, I was confused. Yes this should work. I think I know what it is that we don’t currently show something that is called “virtual ride” in intervals it must be biking or cycling or something. We will add virtual ride soon.

1 Like

Yes, the 2 missing workouts were classified as virtual ride (out of whatever reason). I’ll change that going forward. Thank you, Alex!

1 Like

Hi, opening this back up as I’m also experiencing syncing issue from Intervals.icu to TD since Jan 16. My previous Jan 16 workout still synced from Intervals.icu seamlessly.

Now if I create a workout / import a workout to Intervals.ICU it does not show up in TD. I didn’t change any settings or the way or type of workout I create in Intervals. The workout type is set to Ride.

I tried removing the Intervals connection from TD a couple of times and have enabled the WOD selection in TD connection settings.

What could be happening here? Thanks.

If you mean right now, we temporarily had a server issue and it should be resolved now and sync soon.

In my case, the workouts haven’t synced from intervals.icu to TD since Jan 18 until today and still continuing at least few hours ago.

1 Like

You are saying from Intervals to TD. We never sync workouts from interval to TD other than than using WOD and following it inside our training app.

Yes, that’s how I’ve been using the integration. I plan workouts in Intervals and run them on TD as the WOD. As mentioned, since Jan 16 the workouts from Intervals have not appeared in TD as the WOD. This worked flawlessly for months, but stopped last week.

Make sure your workouts are not considered Virtual Rides, those won’t show up. We need to improve that. If they are not virtual rides let me know and we will investigate.

I have the same issue. The synching kind of stopped and my workouts are not virtual rides.

Oh no. Ok sounds like real problem. We will test and investigate.

Ok guys we see the problem sorry about that, and sorry about the delay in fixing it. Since no one reported it that long it seemed like single user issue.

Ok guys. My developers said this is fixed. Sorry about the delay in looking at it.

Yep, the rides were set to type Ride in Intervals. WOD looks to be working again. Thanks!

1 Like