[Solved] - Won't connect to Echelon EX5

When I try to connect to my Echelon EX5, it just searches over and over. My bike is in pairing mode but nothing is found.

If I open the Echelon app, it connects instantly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I think I tried to get this to work on my app. Turns out it’s using a private or NON FTMS/FEC/ANT+ protocol and there’s no document / spec to know how it’s communicating. (Unless reverse engineer it).

My take is, you can try using NRF connect to query the trainer/bike and send some screenshots so Alex and team can take a look and determine if it’s really NON FTMS/FEC protocol.

If it really isn’t then u have your answer.

i’m not sure what you mean re: NRF connect.

shouldn’t the bike appear in the app to link to? it’s a pretty common bike. or is this app only made for certain bikes?

Yes TrainerDay only works with the standard most popular protocols it seems your trainer does not support one of the standards. I searched and agree with App4g.

That’s is an App Name that will query the Bluetooth protocol used by your bike. Using it, it can be determine if the bike is using the standard protocols for smart trainers and smart bikes.

While there are many smart bikes, not all of them are using the standardized spec / protocols and thus interoperability would not be there. Hence, they would only work for the manufacturer’s app.

It may be due to various factors like trade secrets, special app features things like that.

it’s likely also that the echelon apps can’t connect to the standard smart trainers and smart bikes that apps like Zwift can.

ah ok, thanks!

i can use Zwift with it on my ipad if I use an app called qdomyos-zwift.

Oh interesting, that might work with TrainerDay also but you would need two phones I assume. Or phone and tablet.

ill give it a try and let you know

1 Like

it connects!

so with that app as a go-between, I can now use TrainerDay :slight_smile:

Sweet!!! Great news :slight_smile: