Speeds and calorie counts are insane?

So, I just started using Trainer Day and I linked it to my Strava account - but the calories it is importing aren’t just unrealistic they are orders of magnitude wrong.

To give you an idea, I’ve ridden a little over 50 miles this week and Trainer day is reporting an average speed for each ride of being under 4 MPH (Strava reports 12.0 and 13.9 MPH) but, worse, Trainer Day is reporting that I burned over 131,000 calories for the two rides?!? (Strava reports ~2300 KJ for the two rides, which is, what, 800 kilocalories?

Any suggestions?

Hi, can you send me a link to one of your activities from our website? We have many users using speed/distance with no issues (unless there is a new bug/bugs). Where are you seeing these calories in TD. On our broadcast UI? Are you looking at speed there too? Generally our broadcast UI is fairly new so there could be bugs there, if so we can get those fixed ASAP.

So we have a maps feature that is on the strava settings that has “climbs” if you turn that on you will be going up very big up hills which can slow you down but it sounds like you are saying something different. That TD MPH on our actives page is different then strava. This is strange and sounds like a bug. Maybe there is a new bug today.

Screenshots to show what you mean really helps but if you send me the link maybe we can see it clearly.

So, you’re going to have to tell me how to share a link to an activity. What I’m looking it is “My Activities” page, which allows me to zoom in on a week but the individual rides don’t appear shareable. As an example, here’s my latest ride on strava:

15.7 mi Ride Activity on May 11, 2023 by Michael H. on Strava

Oh crap… Yes. These are brand new features that obviously have bugs. We will fix this asap.

1 Like

Can you check now? I did not look but he says these are fixed.

1 Like

It looks a whole lot better. (I’ve attached a screenshot.)

BTW - as someone who has worked as a developer since the 80’s but has recently been moved to operations - thanks to you both. Don’t be too hard on the dev. :wink:

Great. Cool!!! I started programming in 1978 (commodore pet followed by vic then c64) and still do it now :slight_smile: Not as a real job but just small projects. I switched over to more product management (and boss here) but I treat developers very good. :slight_smile: Very long term relations with devs and qa and we come back together for different companies. Some of my best friends.

Anyway thanks again for mentioning this.

2 Likes