Strava uploads subscription gated?

My wife and I cross train once a week using the 30m workouts. We loved this simple platform and tell all our trainer friends. But did the uploads to Strava get subscription gated? Even though the sub isn’t as high as other apps, 2x sub for just 1 workout a week does not seem worth it. Please bring back this simple feature to the free plan.

My developer made a mistake that current users were supposed to be grandfathered in to free strava, sorry about that. Any chance we could split the difference and because I feel bad for this, I give you 40$/year for 2 people for our premium plan?

Hmm that’s unfortunate, but your offer is fair. Would we be able to to stay on this rate indefinitely?

I would say if our yearly rate goes up, it might go up but I don’t expect that to happen in the next few years so yes there is no limit to this offer.

I will send you a personal message.

Hi Alex,

excuse my language barrier. I don’t understand the term “to be grandfathered into something”. Is the Strava connection still included in the free plan or not?

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

No, sorry it is no longer free. We were going to allow people to use it longer for free but it was removed. Sorry about this. I will offer people yearly discounts if there were previously using this.

Ok, too bad for me as I only use the app occasionally. How much is the yearly deal to use the auto-upload function again?

And while you’re at it, is it possible to start a training straight from my computer without the need to use the mobile app as well?

Thanks

I can do 1/2 price if you want just because I feel bad (it would be 20$/year). You then get all the features and if you start using more and appreciate it more maybe you can pay full price :slight_smile: Our code works on desktop but we feel we don’t have budget enough yet to afford our tester full time as it takes more testing so we are hoping or planning to have it available for the winter after this one.

Sounds fair to me, can you shoot me a dm on how to get started? It’s such a hassle though to always have my phone charged and ready when I want to go for a quick spin. Many platforms seem to go for the mobile device as an interface, but I’ve never understood why.