Sync issue with android app and strava

Hello,
I’m new to trainerroad (with a paid account).
I made yesterday my first workout. My HT is in the garage without internet connection.
When wrkout ifnished, I saved it in th app (android). It appear in the activities list in the app.
But it’ doesn’t appear in the activty list in the website, nor in the activity list in my other phone (connected to internet), even after my phone is back at home with access to internet to sync…
I made a second workout with the same app, BUT waited to be back at home with internet access active to save the workout in the app. This way, it sync with the internet TR site but not with Strava, despite Strava seems to be well authorized as the activity list on the TR website as synced ALL my old activities registred in Strava (and Strava say that TR is authorized).
So

• why the android app doesn’t never sync with TR or strava when workout saved without internet access (even after internet access reestablished when I’m back at home)
  • why Strava doesn’t receive the workout even if it appear in the TR activity list in the website, and with TR receiving workout from Strava ?
    Thanks
    PS the whole app and integration with Saris H2 and HR belt is ok and very nice.

Hmmm, strange, there is a strava sync button on the web site on the activities page. Press that. Offline does not / should not matter. You are saying TR, I assume you mean TD. I am stlightly confused.

Thanks for quick response.
Sorry, I’m TD, not TR (i’m coming from TrainerRoad…).
I’ve pushed the strava sync button many time, but doesn’t sync.
In the app, when I save the workout without connection, the SHARE page stay empty even when I connect to internet, but when I wait to have intenret to save the workout, the SHARE page is populated with a picture of the workout (if t can help to diagnosic !).

Oh yes, you can’t share without internet. Ok we will research why yours won’t sync. Hopefully get back to you today.

Oh I see your tests are not very long, they need to be at least 2 minutes long (or possibly 1 minute)

OK. I’ve lost the worjout of yesterday (1h) due to have saved without active internet connection.
I’l do a 3 minute stest now to see if it sync with Strava

Do you see it in you phone? If so you should be able to download it. It should automatically sync from phone to our app (even when offline after you get online). You are saying it did not?

So it sync with the 3 minutes test (saving the workout with an active internet connection). I’ll do more test saving without active internet and tell you if this specific problem continue.
Thanks for quick response and I’m very happy with the app !

Cool, yes let me know. Happy to help!!!

Should synced Strava activities show in the Android app also, or just the TD web site?

Just the website. No one has requested they show in the app yet :slight_smile: But they probably should at some point for consistency.

No need from my point of view, as long as they are taken into account for the today recommendations on the phone app

1 Like