Sync with Garmin Connect

I would like that once a workout is finished it syncs automatically with Garmin Connect. It works with Strava, but TrainerDay does not send the workouts to be uploaded with Garmin Connect. How could I do this automatically?

Hi, yes we would really like this too. Garmin won’t allow it see here

Thank you Alex. But I don’t understand, why it is possible with other apps and not with TrainerDay?

Garmin changed their policy in the last 5 or so years, supposedly no new partners for activity uploads, my friend that works there says it is VP level approval , but I guess if someone was big enough and had a lot of money it might be possible. These companies are lucky to be before or big enough now.

1 Like

Hi @Alex , I was landing to this topic, after trying to upload my activity on TD to garmin just saving on the phone and uploading through the Garmin website. What I don’t get yet how to solve is how can I combine the two activities that I have recorded via TD (for power, speed etc) and via garmin watch (for other details on hr data). Could you know or can suggest something ?
Thank you a lot (from a new subscriber of TD :slight_smile:
Ciao,
Marco

You can try geotoes for that. But you would need to be a donater for that extra functionality.

What watch do you have? If it has broadcast HR over BLE feature you can just connect your watch to our app and have all the data in a single file. I think merging would not be possible or at least not be easy enough you would want to do it at the same time. The other option is connect your trainer or power meter also to your watch and record the workout with power and hr in your watch.

Oh wow. Never seen that. Nice.

Hi @Alex, is it possibile to connect the watch to your app? Didn’t get how.
I have a garmin forerunner. Honestly I did not try yet to connect directly to the trainer (I have a Elite direto), I will try this! Thank you!
@app4g thank you also for your suggestion!
Cheers

Here is example instructions for 945, but just search google for broadcast HR and your watch model. I have a 955 works great.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner945/EN-US/GUID-D8D363C2-0690-48D4-95E2-A3557E7D53C2.html

1 Like

Mark9, if your devices support both BLE and Ant+ you could have TD use BLE for all of them and the Garmin ant+. I did that for awhile.

Then I upgrades to a Polar H10 that has dual BLE so I could connect it to both, as I wanted to play with some DFA/alpha1 via a Garmin datascreen that works better with BLE.

@dduffey I tried to connect my garmin forerunner to my elite direto and its working great.
Then I have already a Polar H10 which is connected to both TD and to my garmin :slight_smile: What I dont get is how to know if the polar is connected through the Bluetooth or ANT+. Could you help me on this pls?
I never heard about alpha1 (incredibile how many thigs there are out there ahah). Do you have any articles or something to suggest to read? Is there any application to be installed on the garmin?
Thank you

On your garmin watch, go into the “sensors & accessories” menu, you will see your sensors. You can click on one of your connected sensors (like your Polar) and then “About”, it will list “Tech: BLE | ANT+”. Note that the “About” sub menu only works if the sensors is currently connected.

That will let you know if it is connected via BLE or ANT+. For the Polar, you can connect to both at the same time from the watch, therefore I added them both as sensors and appended “-a” for ant and “-b” for BLE on the sensor name, I then turn “off” the “-a” sensor so it doesn’t auto connect and only the BLE sensor connects.

If you find it’s connected via ANT+, just turn it “off” in the watch and then do a “Add New” under sensors. Sometimes after it searches there is another submenu item like “Search Bluetooth” as well. This I think happens if it finds ANT+ devices first, you need to tell the watch to keep searching for BLE as well.

Then for other sensors (like cadence) I tend to use ANT+ for garmin, leaving the BLE for trainerday. I also found I can add my smart trainer to my garmin via ANT+ to capture power data, etc., and as BLE to TD (to control the power). Just make sure you’re only running a workout on TD to avoid conflicts and then use the garmin just for recording (the garmin will not control the smart trainer via ANT+ if you don’t run a workout and just use it for recording).

Here is the alphahrv app: Connect IQ Store | Free Watch Faces and Apps | Garmin

I honestly don’t have enough data or types of rides yet to say if it has value or not. The author of that app is active on intervals.icu, so if you search that forum for “alphahrv” and “rr/a1” you’ll find a lot of discussion and links to other articles.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the info. Better than an user manual :slight_smile:
Cheers!

1 Like