TD iOS connection issue or trainer

This is the first time it’s happened but using a Tacx Flux S and Macbook iOS app I had repeating “drops” every 30s or so. I tried power cycling trainer and BLE but didn’t improve.

Is this just the trainer being finicky/BLE connection? Also, what are the “Bars” showing (below Target and Watts)? Is the Target bar the percentage of the zone?

Hi David, sorry to hear/see that. If this is the first time a tablet restart will likely fix it but we also have a new version coming out today/tomorrow that might fix it although we were not doing anything to specifically address this issue. I have not seen this with Flux S, one of our testers uses a flux s but he is not testing that much these days, very part-time. He did test recently with no issues though.

Yes I need to describe those bars better. I tried to be very accurate with little space but it’s not totally obvious. The bar on target shows color grey for Zone 1 and shows your target is the upper 1/2 of zone 1 but zone 1 starts very low so this is slightly misleadning for Z1, other zones are more accurate. The bar below actual watts is that you are green meaning on target for your zone and you are currently in the upper half of the target zone. These are not so important for ERG mode unless you find them interesting.

Strangely enough, now I have the opposite issue? I was getting these mini spikes every ~30s.

This looks like Zwift and TD are fighting over who has the right to control the trainer. Or one of the 2 control services of the Flux S is stuck.

To avoid this you need to first connect the trainer as a controllable to TD. Than turn on Zwift and connect the trainer as only a Power source, but using the PWR not the FE-C option.
Then after a couple of seconds Zwift usually tries to connect to the trainer on it’s own, and this is the place to unpair it.

If two applications connect to the Flux S as controllable, this very often results in the trainer getting stuck in unresolved state. Only option is to power cycle the trainer and start again with the connections.

Thanks! I’ll try the TD->Zwift order next time but I had disabled controllable trainer in Zwift.