TD Ramp Test - Fails

Hi Alex!

I got a chance to attempt to to do the TD Ramp Test and every time I tried it, it would fail. It would start and then within a minute or two it would ask if i wanted to set my new FTP. I tried moving the marker over and it would then do the same thing in just a few more minutes. I even tried moving it to the base of the ramp and still the same.

I checked the sensors and all appeared to be connected. I even removed them all and put them but on but still the same results.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and normally don’t have an issue.

UPDATE: I also ran a test today, 12/27/2021, using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and the test would only go a few minutes and all of you wanted to update your FTP.

Hi Alex!

Just curious if you had any thoughts on Ramp Test issue? Wanting to get it run before starting my new plan from Coach Jack.

Oh sorry, I forgot to respond to this. In your case for now I would just clone our ramp test

And when you save it just don’t include “ramp test” in the title. If you call it TD R-Test or something then it operate like a regular workout. When you finally can’t pedal any more take you average power for the last minute and multiply by .75.

The problem is something to do with the way we are reading cadence or power and it stopping early. We will work on fixing the underlying problem soon but that should keep you going for now. Sorry about that.