Testing TrainerDay App for first time (RESOLVED)

Hi @Alex / @trainerday , how’s everything going?

Until today I had the opportunity to try the TR App (a little late :see_no_evil:) and I was presented with the following inconveniences:

1. BPM is not being displayed even though the garmin band is paired (the band it is only paired with the phone).

1. The power is not constant and varies a lot. I tried changing the time the power smoting in all the various values ​​and continued the same. I also tried doubling the power on one side and it was still the same.

These are the phone data:

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9

TR App version 3.2.5

I would like to have the app working correctly to give you an honest opinion of its functionality.

The interface looks clean and intuitive. I hope to test it more thoroughly once it is working correctly and make suggestions if it is the case.

Cheers,

1 Like

Can you disconnect speed and cadence and see what happens? We have Tacx flux S and it works fine. Maybe you need to be in bigger gear? I can ask my tester for screenshots. Not sure on Garmin HR that is BLE and Ant+ I guess. I have the new pro one and it works fine.

The bumpy power on training looks normal but not on history

Sure, i Will try that. I tell You the results.

Don’t think so. After testing the app i do the same workout on Garmin head unit whitout change the rings and workd perfect.

Are both.

During training feel a lot of variation.

First problem solved:

The solution was to reinstall the app, after that with all the sensors the power was smooth and very stable.

now, the second problem seems to be my phone, although the heart band is detected and appears connected, it does not show the data with any application: TR, Strava, Tacx. I’ll have to investigate why this is. If anyone has experienced something similar, it would be helpful to know what the solution was.

Thanks

Second problem solved: The solution was reset all networking of the Phone to defaults. Now the HR is showing on the app.

For now all set.

Wow, great work :+1: glad to hear it.

I guess that you shouldn’t pair your HRM to your phone (do not do it in the global BT settings), but only to the app that needs it.

3 Likes

“The power is not constant and varies a lot…”
I have the same problem I reported a few months ago.
In my opinion, the application does not keep up with the power conversion. The solution may be to reduce the rotational speed of the trainer’s flywheel through the appropriate gear ratio. In my case, this results in less power variation.

Hi Mariusz, I would love to better understand what you mean. These issues only seem to affect some users, and it’s possible it is Android/iOS device performance related issues.

I use the TrainerApp on Samsung A50 and A5 smartphones and I note the described problem on both of them. The A50 is such an efficient device that there is no problem that it is a device.

I found that the slower flywheel rotation of my Elite DiretoX trainer resulted in less variation in measured power. It seems to me that the problem may be too low or too high frequency of data transfer with the current power from the trainer to the application.

In My particular case the problem was solve when I reset all the conectivity devices of My cellphone. Also I only connect the devices for training, this is: cadence sensor, trainer and hearth band. I try to shut down other devices like earpods, Smart watches, etc. After that all the activities where just fine.

1 Like

Interesting. I can imagine flywheel speed could change this. Wahoo kickrs have really good power smoothing built in so it’s not necessary for them.