The plan doesn't hold the settings

I wanted to look at something in the plan and I went into editing it. I clicked on “Ride Feel” and I saw this picture.

I was convinced that I had set “A bit tired but doable” when creating the plan. I thought, okay maybe my mistake, and since a new block is starting I wanted to correct it so I marked “A bit tired but doable”. Then “Save” and “Sane & Next” and “Send to my calendar”
I check and what do I see? Same.

Thanks for reporting this. I guess this is the only setting you noticed that gets lost. Good catch. We will get this fixed.

1 Like

I’ve also noticed an inaccuracy, namely when I go from this link to my plans after modifying the plan, they differ from those in the calendar despite being saved and uploaded to My Calendar.

Are these two different entities (my plan and my calendar)? Are they not related to each other?

Correct, my plans and my calendar are not related to each other. But I was pretty sure they were the exact same workouts. We changed this a few times. Let us test that. Thanks for pointing it out. It’s a bit confusing having both options but since I don’t really like following a calendar myself and other people use the my plans approach and like it, I want to keep it. Not to mention if you want to send a full plan to another calendar it’s the most logical way. Plus lots of other benefits of having my plans but I hate that it is confusing.

1 Like

So, as I understood you well, the most important thing is My Plans. After modification, we tell Jack to save it in My Plans, and only from there distribute it to a calendar, for example. Was that the idea?

No, I would send to my plans in these cases

1. I want to follow a sequence of workouts in our app rather than a strict schedule, just one workout after the next
  2. I wanted to create a plan for the future and possibly mulitple seasons including modifying it and add my own workouts or make adjustments.
  3. If I wanted to send my plans plan to other source such as Garmin calendar, Intervals Calendar or Training peaks calendar.

If you send it to my plans and then to your calendar in TD you lose the ability to modify it in the CJ editor, you would need to delete the plan from your calendar and add a new one.

So confusing…no wonder I can’t modify my 16 weeks Serious Italian plan. Anyway, that’s over with now, since I’m done now.