Time discrepancy (resolved)

looks like the time difference between the two timers has getting worse. used to be a second but yesterday, big difference. the workout consists of hill climbs. the difference in time starts midway through the workout. look at both screenshots.

Thanks Pierre yes something happened we are on it.

That messed up my whole workout :slight_smile: i thought it would never end. I was so frazzled. Just kidding. does that happen to the android too? i can switch phone. Best

I think it does. But it does not seem to happen to all users all the time. I hope we will have fix today or tomorrow.

Pretty sure we have this fixed (fixed on my phones) so hopefully it is fully resolved for you too. Still trying to get beta out today. I think you are beta user (I remember our previous beta testing process), but production should be Monday or Tuesday if you are not.

Ok now we really have a fix coming out today (android) tomorrow (apple) that hopefully fully resolves this.

I was wondering. took another snapshot from my workout yesterday and had 9 seconds discrpancy.

difference is back in the latest ios beta. I get 5 seconds difference after 10 mn of riding and i usually end up with 2 seconds. I reported it to Grigory.

Did you try a device restart?

I did not but will try tomorrow before i do my workout.

Ok cool. Yes Grigory told me you have an iPhone 6 so that seems to be right on the border of what our app can run on, so with other applications open or other background tasks running or the phone running slow for some reasoon it can cause this. We are going to work on performance after the winter season so hopefully it will then work perfectly on an iPhone 6 because in my opinion that is still a good reasonable phone. I only broke mine 6 about a year ago and replaced it but I like it still. Although I can say the 12 is amazing even though I would not have replaced the 6 I am hapy I did. I think about every 6 years or so is about right :slight_smile: but I guess 8 years would even be better :slight_smile:

Alex, i used my iphone SE 2nd gen this morning instead of my 6S plus. It is like an iphone 11. Same thing. 5 seconds delay at the beginning and ended with 7 seconds after 40 mn ride. So not sure if you need an iphone 13 :slight_smile:

Can you send me a link to the workout you did?

How do i do that ? i can share my workout with you from the app but i need an email address or is there another way to do that?

Just go to the web site and copy the link from the browser.

https://app.trainerday.com/activities/61e1651fe67fa800d0d3ce08

Thanks Pierre, maybe it has to do with ramps. If you create or follow workouts with stairs it might be less demanding on your devices with changes in power every 1-second. I believe some apps only send power changes every 5-seconds or on major changes. Maybe on ramps we need to take this approach. Just a guess. You can compare and see if steps seem better than ramps. Let me know if you need more expination on this difference. We are actively trying to hunt down these timing/performance issues now. If you can do it regularly maybe you should schedule a session with Grigory :slight_smile:

Alex, look at this one
https://app.trainerday.com/activities/61dec2b94bc98400d07a0c75

Is that what you call stairs ? i think i had time discrepancy too .

Yes. Ok if this had problems too then that shoots my idea in the foot. We will find the problem. We are actively on this.

to be sure, i’ll do this workout again next week and will let you know to confirm.