Time zone for activity

I’ve done a couple of workouts and when downloading the fit file and importing it to Garmin connect or Strava, I notice the time zone is American rather than local to me. Is there a setting somewhere that I’ve missed?

No, nothing you did, that I can think of, we will have to research this. For Strava why don’t you just use apps and devices and connect to Strava and then it will sync and should not have this issue, no one has reported this issue before so it’s strange but as I said we will check.

I think it’s related to the Time zone of the Location picked by the “Add Cool Routes to your rides” feature and I don’t think it’s linked to any settings in the app.

It’s happened to me a couple of times importing into Garmin because it assumes you’ve ridden in Death Valley or The Hague etc.

Simple fix is to use a website like fit file tools to adjust the time of activity or just not use “add cool routes”.

I should add it only happens when you manually add the file into Garmin. Auto Import into Strava works fine.

1 Like

Oh right, someone pointed this out and I forgot. Good point. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like