Time zone issues? (RESOLVED)

I’m having an issue where when I send a workout to TrainingPeaks it shows up in the calendar for yesterday. I’m assuming this might be a Time Zone issue since I’m in New Zealand.
Is there a way to specify what day a workout goes into Training Peaks or set my Time Zone in Trainer Day.

Cheers

Hello Sonya, I am sure you are right. We don’t have TZ factored in. We might be able to read it automatically from TP fairly easily just to solve this issue. Hopefully this can be an easy fix. I will update this thread.

Hi Sonya, we now look at the timezone of your browser (computer or phone…) and assuming we can read it and it is set correctly we use that to send the workout. Let us know if that resolved your issue.

Just sent a workout to TP and it still went to yesterday. Never mind - I can drag and drop

Thanks for the feedback, we will still see if we can’t get it fixed. One way or the other we can. My developer just needs to change his timezones to NZ to see if he can duplicate this.

Not sure if this topic is still active, but I’m having this problem with my TrainerDay sessions going into Strava on the wrong day. Actually they even show up on my TrainerDay app as the wrong day on my Activities screen. For example a session that I did this morning is showing up as yesterday. I’m in Australia and I can’t see where to set my time zone in my TD profile.

I’m having the same issue in Australia. Workout done early 26 November. It showed up as 8pm 25 November. The ride was in the Netherlands. Does it revert to the time of the country your workout is done instead of where you are based. I’m about to do the Rapha challenge. If I put in 100k on the 24th and it says I did it in the 23rd I’ll be well p#ssed :-/

Do you mean in Strava? Strava might do this is my guess. You can turn off maps in our strava settings and it will reduce (or eliminate) the chances of this happening.

Thank you. I will try it although I think it happens in training peaks too

I don’t think my issue is caused by Strava because my rides done on IndieVelo always show up on the correct day (just as they also used to on RGT and Zwift). As I said, my rides are showing up on the wrong day on my Activities screen within the TrainerDay app. So I think it has something to do with TrainerDay, not Strava.

I did not think or mean it was a Strava problem, but since you mentioned map I was assuming you were talking about Strava. But ok, yes if in TD it is wrong then we will investigate.

So, I am seeing here one of your activitirities

https://app.trainerday.com/activities/6585e2c78239a714c1209a79

And here is time/zone

What should this be?

That’s the correct time showing now, it seems to have updated. Next time, if it happens again I will take a screen snapshot. You mentioned above about turning the maps feature off in settings…if you do that will a distance travelled still be assigned to your session?

Ok, strange. Yes, you will still have distance.