Title of workout changes after sync

Everytime when a workout syncs via TP the subject of the workout is changing and (FTP: 100 ) is added. How can I disable tihs?

I think I might need a bit more info, but let me take a guess. I believe you are sending the workout to Garmin from TrainerDay and executing it on your Garmin (I believe Garmin is the only place we add this FTP text).

First unless your FTP is 100 you should set it in TrainerDay. So then you do the workout with your Garmin device and Garmin syncs to TrainingPeaks. If this sounds correct let me know. The reason we add this is because Garmin is a bit funky… Meaning when we send spectific watts to garmin not percent of FTP. This is so when you are doing the workout you see specific watts and not % of FTP. “Now ride 75% of FTP…” is not as useful as “Now ride 150w”

But this workout is only relevant if your FTP stays the same. When your FTP goes up you should not keep using that workout but create a new one.

We might need to enhance something here to improve the experience but I am not sure the right solution. If you let me know more how this is all working for you we can see if we have any ideas.

I don’t know where the value 100 comes from.
This is the sync flow in my case:

TD -> TP -> GC

If I directly add a workout to TP, not true TD then it syncs to GC without adding the FTP text.
My FTP value is set in al the platforms correctly and up to date.

Ok yes I need to check with my developer. I don’t know why we are sending FTP in the title to TP. I don’t think we used to do this but I just tested and see we are.

I am not sure why you are seeing FTP of 100w. Can you double check TD like this below

So this is kind of a bug, it should not have this FTP in the title. He will fix this soon. I will update this when it is here but still not sure why you are seeing FTP 100 unless your FTP is 100 in TrainerDay.

My FTP in TD is 252.

Ok this issue is fixed. You won’t see FTP in the title. Very strange it said 100 but we don’t need to try to find that bug :slight_smile:

1 Like