TrainerDay resistance too low

Hey there, I have a Flux 2 and have been using TrainerDay for a few months now. Most of the time I have no issues, however in the past week or so I have had a few instances where the workout resistance is too low. When the target is say 200, the trainer is spinning easily and I really can’t get any higher than say 135.

I am using ERG mode.

Then, in another section the problem may be resolved, as the target can change to 175, and I am hovering around 175.

However, today I couldn’t get the app to work properly. I tried multiple workouts, closing the app and reloading - every time the resistance demanded by the app could never exceed 140 for any amount of time.

I thought maybe it was my phone (Android) or my trainer. So, I closed down TrainerDay and used the Tacx Training App (or whatever it has been changed to now) and when I set a manual power setting of say 200, the trainer responded immediately and I could hit 200 without issue. I played around with different settings and the trainer set itself properly to match.

So, I think the issue I am having is with the app itself. I suppose I should have saved my workouts today, but I kept discarding them so I don’t have them for reference.

Is there anything I can do while using the app to possibly reset something that may fix this issue? Should I try disconnecting and reconnecting to the trainer? Or, does closing and reloading the app do the same thing?

Sorry to hear that, yes a screenshot would help. We have a flux 2 and it works fine for us but there are some many strange things things that can happen with these devices and I am sure our app adds some strangeness in some hard to identify unique cases. I would say re-install our app (totally uninstall and re-install). Secondly make sure you are not in a small gear, somewhere in the middle is good. We believe we just identified the cause of one of these strange things which when we fix it might resolve future issues like this. Let me know if re-install fixes it.

1 Like