Trouble reaching and holding target in ERG mode

Hi hoping someone can help!

When using ERG I’m getting some issues reaching target watts and keeping there, it also keeps dropping down. I’ve added some links to the file so you can see the issue.

I have added my most recent ride here - Trainer Day

I have added the Test ERG ride here - Trainer Day

Hopefully the links work!

Smart Trainer - Saris H3
Wahoo Cadence Sensor
Wahoo HR Chest Strap
Device - Google 7 Pro

Many thanks!

Hmmm, is there any chance you are in a small gear? It looks like it is working correctly but just not allowing you to hit the targets.

Seems like no power match is happening since you didn’t list any external PM.
Did you try w/ another app? Just to verify that the trainer is capable to hold the power?

Thanks for the reply, I will try it in a bigger gear and get back. I was in the big ring at the front and in the 28T at the back (3rd from top gear which is a 36T.

Thanks for the reply. I will try it with another app and get back.

I don’t know - but if there is a possibility to calibrate the Saris H3 you can try that. Also - I got some similar trouble with my tacx flux s. See here: Trouble… I deinstalled the trainerday app and reinstalled it and the problem was fixed.
Maybe that can help …

All sorted here now. Tried the gear change and a recalibration and it didn’t make a difference. I then decided to reinstall the firmware for my Saris H3 trainer and it has since worked fine with the TD app so seems the problem was with the trainer. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Strange you posted that as I have the same issue with the flight trainer from 4iiii. I started to use higher watts and although I spin at more than 100 rpm, I cannot reach 400 watts for example. I am currently working with support to see if it is an app issue or a trainer limitation. Until now, I never went above 300 watts so I had no trouble. I will update thé thread when I get more data

1 Like

I have been asking 4iiii support to tell me on how to use their app to see if the power not reaching the target in high watts is an app or trainer issue. for 2 weeks they have been sending me articles on how to setup and configure the trainer. Like i have been using it for 3 years now. So no help there. i downgraded the firmware and now everything works fine. I reach the target and higher. So trainer day app is working fine. I am going to test it with my ant+ tacx dongle to see on how it behaves as yesterday when i was doing sprint, it seems like the connected was cut in Bluetooth and i was spinning easy. stopping and restarting worked.

1 Like