Unable to select HR mode with Apple Watch

I’m quite excited for Zone 2 HR training but unfortunately am not able to select HR in quick start. My heart rate shows up, and both the trainer and heart rate monitor (Apple Watch) are connected. That said, the HR mode button is grayed out so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Any advice would be much appreciated!

1 Like

Oh yes, it does not work with Apple Watch yet. Sorry about that. We will try to get that working soon.

5 Likes

This would be a great feature, Alex.

I got the same issue, but with my Garmin FR935. Heart rate shows up in the display but I can’t select the HR mode?

My HR is connected via the Zwift hub, not direct like an Apple Watch.

You would need to connect your watch directly to our app not through the smart trainer. We currently don’t read HR coming from smart trainers. I have FR 955 and it works fine.

Thank you for that information. It appears my Garmin is too old for that. I think starting from FR 945 it works.

Let’s see what changes first… me buying a newer Garmin model or trainerday implementing that feature :smiley:

Garmin 945 will work for sure. I had one and now have 955 and it works perfect if you just turn on broadcast HR. Or maybe you mean connecting strap to watch and broadcasting, that might work too. Have not tried that.

Hi,
Does this work with an Apple Watch now?

Regards,
Oscar

We have lots of users it works fine for and a few that it does not. You should be able to test it with free version of our app. If you run into any issues the main problem is permissions in apple health.

I’m using Apple Watch Ultra2 with TD but HR is disabled in the app. My heart rate is showing fine in the app but I can’t select HR in Quick Workout. Apple Watch is directly connected to the app.

App version 4.6.1

Is there other info I can provide to diagnose?

1 Like

I assume you have a smart trainer and ERG mode is enabled?

Sorry, two comments on this got lost, as I lost some forum data. We will see if we can figure out what is going on.

Sorry I was wrong. Apple watch was never made to work with HR mode. We add this feature soon.

1 Like

Have you checked the settings on your Apple Watch to ensure that HR mode is properly configured and enabled?