Unwanted Zwift synchronization

When I entered the custom workout section of Zwift a few days ago I could see all my Trainier Day workouts, even though I didn’t want them to be there. There was no active connection between Trainer Day and Zwift.

So, the first thing I did, I deleted the workouts in Zwift. In the following Zift session all the workouts were there again. Next I tried to cut all possible connections via other apps like Strava or Garmin. Trainer Day now has no connection to any other app. Again I deleted the Trainer Day workouts in Zwift, quit and started Zwift again. To my surprise all my Trainer Day workout again showed up in the custom workout section of Zwift.

How ist this possible? What do I have to do that Trainer Day does not automatically push any workouts to Zwift?

We don’t have any connection to Zwift and don’t push anything there. Zwift uses this folder syncing process and must have some issue. If you run multiple computers or something you might need to do this. I bet google or Zwift forums have a solution.

None of my Trainer Day workouts are stored locally. I only have them in the web app. So why should a folder syncing process be responsible for pushing the workouts to Zwift if there is no folder with workouts?

We have no connection to Zwift. We tried to get it but they said no. Really the only way to get workouts in that customer workout folder is by copying them there. We have a video on YouTube showing how to copy workouts to this folder for example. You have to trust me it is impossible for us to push anything to Zwift although TrainingPeaks has a feature that gets workouts in Zwift. But that is called WOD and only shows a couple workouts. If you have a TrainingPeaks account you could look at your TrainingPeaks calendar.

are you linking dropbox folder to your zwift workout folder?
and/or are you using Intervals.icu? Upload workouts to Dropbox for Zwift etc - Announcements - Intervals.icu Forum

1 Like

I do use dropbox and intervals.icu, but none of them is linked to Zwift or Trainer Day.
I contacted Zwift support to get help from their side. I’ll keep you updated in case they can provide a solution.

Ok please let me know what you find. Do you have a PC or Mac? Did you look in the zwift folder?

This article might help you.

In my workout folder of my Windows PC there’re only the workouts that I created in Zwift.

Zwift support suggests that the workouts could come from Training Peaks. They found out that there is a connection between Zwift and Training Peaks even though my profile showed this as disconnected. Nevertheless, I haven’t set up a connection between Trainer Day and Training Peaks…
I asked Zwift to disconnect Training Peaks. When this is done I will try to delete the workouts again.

I guess I can‘t expect any further support from Zwift. It seems they use some kind of failed AI to answer support requests. Their answers were really strange.
Regarding my problem, I found out that the Zwift app shows historic workouts. They don’t reflect any changes I made in between.

Sorry to hear. I would uninstall Zwift from all devices and make sure in both TP and Zwift they are not connected to each other and then reinstall Zwift.

Ok, I found a solution!
I searched my complete PC for workout files and I found the „unwanted“ ones. They weren’t located in the standard workout folder (user/documents/zwift/workouts), but instead they were in another Zwift folder: programs/zwift/data/workouts. After deleting those files, the Zwift app now only shows the ones I created with the Zwift app, as it should be. Still, I have no idea how the other files came into that „programs“ folder.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Wow, great news and thanks for the information. Yeah strange.