I have downloaded several workouts from TrainerDay and sent them to my Garmin Edge 820 computer as well as a Garmin fenix 5 plus watch.
Most of the time I just turn on my computer, jump on the bike and ride. Sometimes I used these workouts from TrainerDay. The problem is that my readings from my TrainerDay workouts seem weird to me. Most of them (though not all) are steady effort workouts for 45min - 2 hours. They usually involve a little warmup and a short warmdown, but generally it’s a “hold at X power for for 80% of the total time”.
Usually I cycle at ~29kph, ~90rpm, ~185 power. The beginning of my workouts line up with that. However, when I look at my speed at the end of the workout, it often says I’m going over 50kph, which simply isn’t possible (for me). Sometimes I’m not even sweating and I’m over 40kph. Here is the workout I was doing.
I downloaded all my second-by-second data from Garmin and made a graph. The black workouts are the ones were I just ride and watch a show, trying to maintain ~30kph or ~190power.
The red ones are the designed workouts I downloaded from TrainerDay. I’m still basically in the same speed and range, but as you can see nearly all the workouts just keep saying I’m getting faster and faster.
My computer was out of battery one time, so I used my watch instead (blue line), also with a TrainerDay workout and it showed better results. However, this workout was severely underpowered and I didn’t break a sweat the entire time.
One last thing that happens: When I’m doing these TrainerDay workouts and I stop for a moment (refill water bottle, open window, etc.) the resistance on the trainer get’s so strong that I basically cannot restart the cranks. Eventually, with all my body weight, I am able, and after a few rotations it goes back to where it was before I stopped.
If anyone has suggestions I’m very confused by this.