Watts keep dropping

This was pretty frustrating but my watts were not remaining near the target wattage at all and I could physically feel the resistance of my saris h3 going up and doing constantly. I tried to reboot the switch slope and back to erg, rebooted the app but the issue persisted. :frowning:

https://i.imgur.com/IhcEGCm.mp4

Sorry to see that Jeff, years ago we saw similar issues with Saris trainers (H2 or H3, can’t remember which), it’s possible they have returned. I don’t know how many Saris users we have. If you would be willing to work directly with us we could try to figure out what the problem is. In most cases we can always resolve it. It’s harder to debug on iOS than Android.

Hi Alex! Sure thing! Let me know what you need from me.

I’m a Saris H3 user too and the TrainerDay app has been working ok. I’d try to reboot the app and plug/unplug the trainer then try again.

Dave

Glad you mentioned that because another problem i’ve had was that it does not detect my H3 all the time.

Sometimes I have to unplug the trainer for a few seconds and plug it back in for TD to detect it.

Did all of that yesterday and the issue didn’t go away. I just might try it again tonight to see if this can be resolved quickly on my end because this is the first time I’m running into this problem.

We currently have an issue that this happens randomly. So that might be something else. Usually just killing our app and restarting fixes it. We are working on fixing this connection problem right now.

1 Like

For whatever its worth, I’ve had a similar problem with a Kickr on a couple of occasions—I’m riding at target wattage for a few minutes, then it goes to 100 W (I suspect this is the equipment’s default). Maybe deviating from that a few times. Shutting down the equipment seems to solve it.