Workout time incorrect (Android 12?)

I just completed a workout from the library but the total time is wrong. See attachments.

Does this effect load, intensity etc?

We are going to work on improving performance of our app which should reduce the chances of this happening. Generally this is caused from phones with lots of background activites and especially if they are older. Usually a reboot solves it but that’s not ideal.

Yes this would affect load/intensity/ctl… but the experts I respect the most don’t feel that following precise TSS targets on a day to day basis is that important. You want to follow logical stress patterns but more important is pay attention to your body. It is not a one-to-one relationship between mathematical stress and physiological stress but it can be a reasonable estimator.

1 Like

It’s a new phone (pixel 6 pro) but I’ll try killing background apps tomorrow. If not, I’ll send to my Garmin and try running it off the head unit instead.

Strange, it’s pretty rare that we see this on newer devices.

I am looking at this workout and it shows 59:59 and was supposed to be 60:00 1-second difference does not matter at all. If you are looking at the specific interval lenghts in IntervalsICU they are trying to predict the intervals but as you can see the prediction is off. This is not a problem of our app this is a problem of intervals prediction. Can you clearly point out what you think the problem is?

This is strange because I see in intervals it is 59:59 which is correct since it was a 60m workout, I am not sure how that is possible because in our DB it shows 66 minutes.

Hi Alex. If you look at the screen shots you’ll see that the total workout length doesn’t actually match the interval lengths. I had to manually end the workout because the final 3 min interval kept repeating. I didn’t ride for 59:59 - I wasn’t in the bike for any more than about 40 mins despite what the app says.

There is something really strange here, your data looks like it might be doubling for some reason. What version of Android are you using? I assume this is Android 12, and maybe this is related to Android 12 and our app. But I can only assume there are many more A12 users.

Yes, android 12. I’ve got a planned workout tomorrow. I’ll run it on the app but simultaneously record on Garmin and see what happens.

FWIW, the warmup I did before seems to have completed fine.

Maybe we should discuss via email support@trainerday.com but also did you turn on auto-extend? And are you 100% sure it was <40 minutes?

My developer says it looks like this. Which looks like you have auto-extend on.

1 Like

For the time being I’m going to send all my workouts to Garmin and user trainer control.