Z2Z3 outdoor ride does not match Z2/Z3 in Garmin

the blank block is the part that turns me into fc

Yeah something happened to our converter, we will review and fix/improve.

ah perfect thanks, in any case I have been a premium member for a few months and since day one it has always been like this I hope you solve it immediately because then I can’t follow the training plan. Thank you

I think just a few months ago we created our new converter and this happened but strangely no one said anything. So we did not know about it until you said something.

Hi Alex, so I saw that the problem that sent training to Garmin with heart rate instead of power has been solved but now there is another one. Now z2 z3 training sends it with power data but only in z1 and no.on z2 and z3 for how the training should be now I’ll send you a photo to understand better

then I realized that on all the workouts when I do them outdoors both the stress and the intensity decreases, I was wondering if it was normal like this, is this a bug too?

We have a fix coming for this soon. I thought it was already deployed but I guess not yet. Should be next week. The stress/if should be much closer.

1 Like

OK thank you, good night

1 Like

This should be much better now. Let me know if you see any more improvements that are needed. It still might be funky on some workouts but seems much better in general.

hi, so now I can see the power but it’s not the correct one on the Garmin it comes out in the range from 102 watts to 139 instead of 133 to 216 watts now I’ll send you a photo

You are showing me Garmin power zones. We don’t pay attention to Garmin’s Zones. You should compare the original workout to in TrainerDay to the workout on your device. It might still not be right/perfect for what you want but I can’t see that by looking at Garmin zones. We call it Z2/Z3 but actually the way it works is early in the season it starts out easier. The reason we start it easier is two reasons. One is because people do indoor and indoor tends to be harder and two is because people like to follow a nice TSS ramp rate so slowly raising the intensity over the block gives some additional TSS intensity boost.

We specifically call it Z2/Z3 because we believe you don’t really need to follow a watts specific target workout for these. Just ride at moderate level for a long ride outdoors. It should not be a race but it should be closer to Z2/Z3…

I don’t know your FTP but it does seem like 120w middle might be a little low.

my current FTP is 241 watts, let’s say that I partially understood your explanation, I say partially because I thought that the program automatically calculated my correct average of watts to keep in output, this is not the case, but in the other workouts the calculation is always so vague I have is my right watt range?

Yes than 120w middle is not good for Z2/Z3. Something seems wrong.

See mine, is a bit better. Not sure why yours is so low. You should send a picture of the original outdoor workout from TD.

Still our indoor to outdoor converter needs a bit of improvement because it’s still a bit too easy.

57% is a bit on the low side.

The solution for now is to increase the ride feel. See below.