ZOffline Zwift Offline

This came up on the Intervals forum and I gave it a shot today.
Zwift Offline is an app that runs your own personal Zwift server (low profile). It allows using Zwift offline and even without a subscription. I used Zwift before but always was pushed away because the social aspect of the app is too intrusive for me. They try to force you to be interactive and that’s just not my kind of thing.
ZOffline let’s you use all the Zwift virtual world but without other users. You ride alone in that virtual world and I liked that a lot. You take advantage of the scenery and the terrain changes but you are not constantly pushed to follow someone else, to give a ‘Ride-On’, to sprint to the next line, etc…
If you’re like me, have a look here:

It’s fairly easy to setup on a personal Windows machine. AntiVirus suites may cause issues but if you have full control of your machine, you can simply add exclusions.

2 Likes

Wow Crazy, I guess Zwift will figure out how to block this.

I tot a subscription is needed?

ANyways, don’t really have a windows box to do the testing and installations on a Mac etc is more convoluted.

Nope, you don’t even need to register or create an account. Install Zwift launcher and start it. Let it sit on the login page until it’s updated.
Install the server app, run the client configuration batch file and relaunch Zwift.
Choose the ‘World’ you want to ride in, complete your profile and start riding. PR’s, PB’s, Achievements, Power-Ups… It’s all there. But you’re alone on the road.
Done 2 rides, one in Watopia, one in London. I’m at Level 2 now and earned a new helmet.
I’m not gone ride this all the time, but it’s nice to do something different once in a while.
It’s surprising that this has been around for already a couple of years while Zwift clearly knows that it exists:

1 Like

Interesting that Zwift employee sees no harm in this. I guess they assume their primary user base wants to multi-user aspect. Or just not paying attention to how this project works. I think I am a bit too lazy/busy to try it but it’s interesting for sure.

Thanks for sharing. i just it up on my windows computer. it was fairly simple. looks like my trainer connected fine with power and cadence. will give it a shot tomorrow. I think that is good for my son that just got a soul cycle for his wife. I think most of the users like Zwift to compete against other cyclists. When i tried zwift with my flight trainer, the speed did not work correctly. Sometimes i would go 40 miles an hour and will pass a lot of people and sometimes, it would show 5 miles an hour. If i recall, some of the trainers like tacx have vibration built in. so if you ride on cobble stones, your can feel it. That’s cool i guess but it’s not cheap.

I would think speed you are seeing is based on uphill vs downhill. It seems it should work fine on your trainer. I have a Neo and I would say the vibration is not that interesting.

1 Like

nope. it was on a flat road. i was not the only one with this issue. but it was 2 years ago so it could be fixed by now. interesting about the vibration on the neo. thanks for the feedback

1 Like