"Adaptive Training" on TD?

I know TR have this function but do TD have it?

Nope, you can use what we call a sequence of workouts, so you train the days you want, just one workout after then next, but nothing that is adaptive. We do have our TODAY feature also that just gives you some recommended workouts but they are just something that seems reasonable for you not what I would call adaptive as part of a plan. I do think mixing TODAY with a sequence of workouts from a plan can be a nice way of training.

The Coach Jack plans have rules applied to limit the intensity days to 3/wk and separates them out so you aren’t doing intensity in 3 consecutive days for example.

I think the plans are unlikely to result in the scenario you described unless you jump in the deep end. If you have a custom plan with VO2 crunched 3 days a week starting at level 10 with ride feel at maximum then it would have the highest chance to do that, but unless you’re going custom I don’t think it is likely at all.

The Coach Jack plans build in intensity. I think under most scenarios it prepares you for the intensity.

Dave

1 Like

Sorry to hear that! Are the 2 hr rides zone 2?

Dave

2hr rides could be Zone 2 or they could be V02 Max. It really depends on the ride. The length of a ride and a zone for a particular are not necessarily related. You could have 1hr zone 2 rides as well as 4hr zone 2 rides. Many of us who race long distance will have 3hr threshold rides and 6hr zone 2 rides…