Annual training plan (with follow up Zone 2 training results)

I am in week 7 of a 16 week CJ build plan. I have been riding all the rides based on power. My endurance, tempo, and z2/z3 longer rides all are putting me above my z2 heart rate max by 8 to 15 bpm.

Is this preferred, or should any of these rides be strictly z2 and ridden using HR instead of power?

Here is my update on how the CJ plan is going so far. My plan looks like this

At first I thought it was too easy. Then as the VO2 days kept getting harder, I was fearing I would not be ready to complete them. But each week I am amazed that those rides are easier than I thought. Don’t get me wrong, they are hard, but not killer hard, and I feel good after them. Each VO2 is more intense, but it doesn’t ‘feel’ much different than the prior week. I am guessing each week I am building strength, recovering, then stronger for the next one?

I am anxious to see how my before and after fitness changes when this is complete. If it is good, I can see why people do polarized training, especially older folks, as it is seems easier on the body.

Thanks.

Yes this is exactly how the coach jack “hard” workouts are designed, that each week they feel moderate and because of the previous week you are always prepared for the next one without significant suffering.

As you get to the higher levels (later in the block) they definitely can feel harder especially depending on how long the block is and the starting intensity but still show always be manageable. So the way you describe this is exactly how you should experience. it.