App Design Questions. Sounds, indicators, zoom levels

Hello,

I’m new to Trainer Day, with only 2 structured workouts, uploaded from Training Peaks.

The interface is simple, intuitive and accurate. Great Job, guys. :+1:

Because I’m using Trainer Day as a second screen (Netflix or HBO rules), I think that a few beeps (3 seconds) before the power changes will be great. And if a text message can be shown, it will be perfect.

Another thing that can be useful is the resume of all the workout, to allow a full view of the workout.

I’ve got some issues with my Wahoo TickR HRM, but I need to do more tests.
Trainer Day detects the HRM, but during the workout the BPM is 0.

Thanks,
NMC

Hi Nuno, welcome, happy to have you.

1. We have a beep now, just turn up the volume :slight_smile:
  2. We flash the chart before the change too (better tha a message in my opinion). You could easily add messages in about 20 seconds to each of your workouts but you would have to follow the workout in our app. I can explain if you want.
  3. Click the chart and it changes the zoom level
  4. I have a few Tickr HRM’s and they all work fine in both Android and Apple. Even the new arm band is great.

Let me know if any of this is not clear. If you keep having HRM problems please let me know and provide more details about your devices.

1 Like

Alex,

Is it possible to disable the either or both the sound/flashing interval box? Just curious really. I like the flashing but I’m not sure I personally want the beeps.

Can you just turn down the volume on your phone or tablet? :slight_smile: So far no one has complained of either. Meaning our beeps so subtle some people asked for more is all but no one asked for less unless you are :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Alex,

Today i will ride again and then i send the update.

:+1:
Nuno

I’ll try disabling the app sound. I like to listen to music on my phone and the beeps get in the way of the tunes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ok yes that might work. It seems our beep is so subtle it’s not bad but yes if it bothers you, I understand.

Alex,

And showing the complete workout, like Zwift for example, is something to be considered?

Thanks a lot,
Nuno

A post was split to a new topic: How do I add a message to TrainingPeaks workouts?

Off topic, are you using ERG mode in zwift? Doesn’t look like you are?

Hi Rkid84,

Maybe i didn’t explain correctly. I’m not using Zwift…

I would like to know if showing the full structured workout, like Zwift, can be considered by TD.
The picture is just an example like zwift shows the full workout.

nmc

Oops…

I just wanted to help you maximise your xp rewards by getting all the stars :wink:

1 Like

I like this type of view too (we have something like this in the web site). But where do you mean? On our history view like below the chart?

Here is the web view.

This view is great, but I was talking to see the steps during the workout.

Yesterday I’ve ride again and:

• Beep: :white_check_mark:
  • Flash: :white_check_mark:

However, something weird happens with my HRM.
Before training the Trainer and the HRM was synchronized:

During training the BPM was always 0, like the HRM wasn’t paired.

At the end of the workout, and after saving the training, the BPM worked fine.

Something is going on, and need to know what.
Next Friday i will try with another HRM and then i will update the post.

Thanks a lot,
Nuno

That is very strange on the HRM. Let me know. Oh yes if you see this post, you will see I plan on adding next interval soon.

Upcoming Mobile App UI changes for review

We don’t have room to show full list like zwift on phones and our tablet is basically the same as our phone app.

1 Like

I thought about this and 0 bpm means that it is connected just fine but that it is not getting any hr data for some reason. I would think this is a device problem or you need to wet your sensors or something but if you had a sweaty workout then wetness should not matter.

I was testing the HRM simultaneously on another device, with the Wahoo APP, and worked.
Something weird happened and i’m going to use another HRM (another Brand) to try to understand.

Note: all the workouts were made on the same Android tablet.

New Update.

I’ve changed the HRM and works fine.
I’ve used a Kalenji, from Decathlon, HRM.

Thanks

1 Like