App getting progressively slower during workout

What is also funny: More complex trainings like Trainer Day - Workout: GA1 kurz are totally correct: Trainer Day
It really is only happening with long steady workouts without any changes.

That is great insight. That might point out the problem. We will keep researching.

Hi Alex,

I’ve previously posted about experiencing this issue myself. I’m still seeing it intermittently, but there is a “fix” that’s worked every time this issue has occurred for me.

I simply put the TrainerDay app into the background - no need to quit out of it and interrupt the workout - and when I bring it back to the foreground I see the time elapsed counter on the TrainerDay app speed up and catch up to the correct elapsed time for the workout (i.e. catches up with a workout timer that I have running on a separate device).

And once TrainerDay’s timer catches up using the above approach, it no longer runs slowly.

This resolves the issue every time I see it - I’m seeing it probably every 2nd or 3rd long (2.5 hour long) TrainerDay ride I’m doing - but as this always resolves the issue, it’s not a problem for me.

Hopefully the same “fix” might help others as well (on an iPad anyway). Simply put the TrainerDay app - if you’re using that - into the background and when you come back into it, the time issue resolves itself and the workout no longer runs slowly.

Hope that helps,

Giulio

Oh wow, thanks Giulio!!! This is great info.

We are hopeful this is fixed in new version releasing today or tomorrow.