Changing start date on training plan

Hmmm, my winter training this year is going from bad to worse. Started off by using the Stephen Seiler principal, only thing that happened was I lost 11+ watts on my FTP and seemed to be getting nowhere. So changed to Coach Jack recently. Started the first week but then had to rush off to family event for a week and came back with Covid, goodness knows when I’ll be up and training again!!!
Thing is, how do I change dates on the coach jack training plans so I can restart it later? Can’t find any way to edit that.

Sorry to hear. I would not worry about losing FTP temporarily from Polarized but obviously your new down time is no fun. :frowning_face: There are many ways. It depends on what you did. Are you using our calendar? I so just go to edit plan on the coach jack page and change the start date.

Thanks Alex, found it and changed it.
I have a 220km event coming up in june and wanted to be so prepared for it as I could. Just seemed that everything that could go wrong this winter went wrong. Ah well. Just have to focus. Got some weeks in Spain soon so will be able to get on the road sooner than expected, so thats a positive. :grinning:

1 Like

Cool, that early outdoor season might help more than your missed training and as I said I would not worry about that drop in FTP at all, peaks and valleys are ideal from a training perspective.

Just don’t start cycling too soon before you are fully recovered, and if you are still in the early recovery stages and do ride, do everything you can to keep your rides as easy as possible and start short and build up. SLEEP A LOT!!! :slight_smile:

You are 100% correct Alex. But you know us athletes, we think we are Supermen. :see_no_evil:
Actually, I was so fed up with all the drawbacks on the Kickr this winter, and envied some of my club mates out in the hills so I ordered a fatbike last week. Might just get an easy ride in before we leave for Spain. More snow forecast so might be fun. :grinning:

We have lots of snow here (Poland) last 2 days. I have never tried a fat bike. Sounds interesting. Yes “I feel great. Oh crap I am sick again…”

Hehehe, yes, thats why I had to give up running and cross country skiing…ruined my achilles and hip because I was too young to realise I could wait an extra day or two after an injury.
Fatbikes are fun, they float a lot better on the top of snow, although they are heavy little devils and not so fast.
Poland; wondered why you were answering during our daylight hours, thought you were in North America somewhere. :grinning:

Yep, American living in Europe these days. Used to be 50/50 before COVID. It’s so easy to over do it. I preach to everyone else how to do it right and do it wrong myself frequently :slight_smile: or at least from time to time…

1 Like